Remote AC/heat adjustment

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msmportata

I am looking to buy a Bolt. I understand that I can remote start a Bolt from my Android phone. Is that correct?

I would like to be able to remote start the Bolt and set the AC or heat level a few minutes before leave my home or office so that it is at a good temperature when I get into the car. Is that possible?

Yes and no. You can pre-condition your Bolt and it will "run" for up to 20 minutes. The HVAC settings that you last had set on the car is what it is set to. You cannot change the settings remotely. In most cases the pre-condition will be powered from the shore power, not your battery,...unless you are charging with L1 and the set point is very different from the actual interior temp. In that case it will max out the power from the changing unit and then add battery power to provide the total power needed.

Patronus has it right but to expand slightly... If you're not plugged in, the car will still precondition the car for whatever your HVAC setting was when you turned off the car, using the battery for power. The loss of charge to the battery isn't very big, at least for AC. Recently, I was parked under a tree, with the outside temperature at around 85 and the HVAC at around 71. I lost 10 miles of range in an hour.

Thank you, Patronus and Airbesar.

That's great. 10 minutes of heat or AC before I walk out the door and get in the car will be nice. Half the time I won't be plugged-in, but 10 minutes should not make too much of a drop on the battery.

230+ mile range, 3-mile commute. :)

msmportata said:
One side question -- are the heated seats and steering wheel included in the preconditioning?
Yes. At least mine are. Sometimes that's annoying actually (especially if you won't have a passenger but it will be on for them regardless), but if I have to choose, this is for the best.

Back