Keypass with a Moto Z Play

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winterescape

Tried several times unsuccessfully to set up Keypass with my Moto Z Play (Android) phone. I would get to the step in the app after "start setup" where it says "finding the vehicle" and it would always error out and say the vehicle was not found.

Finally called onstar and a very helpful representative tried several things to walk me through the process. In the end she read a short list of phones that were deemed "compatible" (Apple and Samsung) and we concluded that my phone, not being on the compatible list , Moto Z Play, was not yet compatible with Keypass.

I then tried the following and it completed the keypass setup process successfully:
1) enable airplane mode
2) re-enable Bluetooth
3) Open Bluetooth settings and make sure "keypass" is not a listed device yet, if so delete it
4) With the Bluetooth settings screen open (where it says it is visible to other devices), Open the "My Chevrolet" app
5) start the keypass setup

Thank you very much for the write-up; our Moto G4 would time out even before pairing. Turning on airplane mode gets it to the QR scan step before timing out (no dice but progress nonetheless). I'll keep trying different combinations and report back if there is success.

Has anyone found a way to file bug reports with GM on their infotainment system? It seems like the only customer service is the onstar number and it is verbal on-the-spot answers only (no ticket numbers to track, no email, no way to send them diagnostic info, etc).

winterescape said:
...I then tried the following and it completed the keypass setup process successfully:
1) enable airplane mode
2) re-enable Bluetooth
3) Open Bluetooth settings and make sure "keypass" is not a listed device yet, if so delete it
4) With the Bluetooth settings screen open (where it says it is visible to other devices), Open the "My Chevrolet" app

Whoa! :D

This process also just worked with the Google Pixel android phone...

All previous attempts lead to that "We were unable to find any vehicles" pop-up.

There were then some hiccups trying to capture the qr code with the camera, so I typed in the lengthy passphrase instead and that did the trick.

You solved what my local Chevy dealership & OnStar weren't able to troubleshoot...

Much obliged to you, benevolent person :cool:

ItsGotSomeKickToIt said:
winterescape said:
...I then tried the following and it completed the keypass setup process successfully:
1) enable airplane mode
2) re-enable Bluetooth

Whoa! :D

This process also just worked with the Google Pixel android phone...

All previous attempts lead to that "We were unable to find any vehicles" pop-up.

There were then some hiccups trying to capture the qr code with the camera, so I typed in the lengthy passphrase instead and that did the trick.

You solved what my local Chevy dealership & OnStar weren't able to troubleshoot...

Much obliged to you, benevolent person :cool:

Glad that it worked for you too!

many thanks to all that have posted their successful/failed processes/attempts. I have been unable to get this working on my LG G5. Driving me crazy. Keeps giving me a 'Keypass something something... has stopped. Please start over.' Rinse and repeat. Originally was not even going to use it, but now I NEED to know why it will not work!

Pixel 3a. Could not get past qr code, "pairing with Vehicle" page and icon. Even with trucks so far. Any other ideas?

Back