Dash Panel Issue

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coop

Hello,

I have an issue on the drivers side of the dash where there is a raised panel near the small window. I have taken it to the dealer and they attempted to replace it with a new piece and the same issue still occurs. So the dealer wants to now replace the raised panel again and the white piece near the headlight control. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if so, how was it resolved.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0164 small copy 1.jpg
    IMG_0164 small copy 1.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 10,572
How is the alignment of the dash as compared to the door panel? It has been noted that there seems to be quite a few units where the dash is not correctly centered (mine is in that group).

Mine also looks like that. There are a few other similar places as well

I'm having the same issue, on the same panel as yours. I went to the dealer but they weren't able to repair it. I need to go back when they'll received the part.

gbobman said:
How is the alignment of the dash as compared to the door panel? It has been noted that there seems to be quite a few units where the dash is not correctly centered (mine is in that group).

Looking at the dash, it looks fine on both sides. All the panels look fine except for the raised part. You would think that Chevy would just make shorter clips for this or something. But my concern is that the dealer orders the parts to replace the raised part and the white part and still it is an issue but only worse or something. They stated that they talked with technical support at Chevy and that is what they recommended doing.

Mine is the same way, as were others on the lot when I got it. I pushed the panel down a little, then got more comfortable with it after adjusting my expectations. Probably not what you want to hear, but it's how I get along.

Update:

I took it to the dealer last Thursday. They had the car until today. They had to replace the raised part, the white part with the vent and the part on the small window. Everything said and done, it looks better. Is it perfect, no but it is acceptable. There still a slightly raised area near the speaker at the windshield. But the raised part is now locked in and not moving around. I will take updated pictures later on this week.

Coop said:
Update:

I took it to the dealer last Thursday. They had the car until today. They had to replace the raised part, the white part with the vent and the part on the small window. Everything said and done, it looks better. Is it perfect, no but it is acceptable. There still a slightly raised area near the speaker at the windshield. But the raised part is now locked in and not moving around. I will take updated pictures later on this week.

Thanks for the update, looking forward to your pics. I just picked my Bolt up on 08/05 and it has that same issue (slightly raised panel on the driver side).

The panel is down flat but does raise at the end a little towards the windshield. It is also locked in there as before I would be able to pull it up with my fingers. If anyone has the raised issue at the end and was able to get that part fixed, please let me know. Please see pic. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0220_small.jpg
    IMG_0220_small.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 10,187
Wow, there's still a visible gap between the part and the lighter plastic near the steering wheel. That looks slightly better than mine. It looks like it would click down, but it doesn't.

Zoomit said:
Wow, there's still a visible gap between the part and the lighter plastic near the steering wheel. That looks slightly better than mine. It looks like it would click down, but it doesn't.

What I do not know is if they replaced the actual raised part. That was not very clear to me if they had replaced it or not.

I got my Bolt yesterday and this morning I notice the gap, but mine is bigger and more gap towards the windshield . Even the park at the post up there looks like it is pushed in a bit. I didn't fiddle too much with it but did push it down. I think it needs a clip or 3 up in that area to hold it all together.
i am NOT happy about it. It is right to my Left and I use that tiny window to look out of so I notice it.

dealer said bring it in for us to look at it.
I think I will put my arm up there and see if I can push up on the corner to see if that helps first.
It is almost an hr drive to the dealer.

Final update on the dash panel issue. I had to take it back after they applied the fix because the front near the windshield was sinking in. The new tech looked at it and basically said they know how to make it just about perfect. The dealership ordered the parts. From my understanding they replaced the raised panel again, the side panel and the speaker panel. Took the tech about 5 hours. I went to pick up the car and to my surprise, it is about 98% perfect. I would say it is just a hair raised but looks about the same on both sides of the dash now. So to me the issue is resolved. If you have the issue, they have to replace the side panel, the raised part, the speaker cover and the white part. For some reason the whole thing was a defect.

Holy crap what a PITA !

Hope it lasts.
Mine is ok, has not popped out again but there is a tiny gap that I notice if I am sitting while charging.

I have had the left side panel replaced three times, they are now replacing the upper dash board as we speak. For some reason they seem to think that is the problem. I'll let you know how it comes out. If this doesn't cure the problem, I'm going to lemon law it. Hopefully I can get it replaced with a bolt that doesn't have this problem. Other than this issue, I love the car.

Well my dash started to fall apart again from the heat. I took it in last Tuesday and they are going to order another part. So we will see. If this does not fix the issue I might go the route of the lemon law also since it is now raises up about an inch or so.

Back