Bolt stuck in service department going on 3 weeks

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I received the dreaded OnStar email saying:

An issue with the lithium-ion battery in your 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV has been detected. Please service your vehicle within 1 day.

Just as in the following report:

http://www.mychevybolt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5745&hilit=dammit

The vehicle check light is also illuminated on the dashboard.

The problem has been diagnosed as a failure of a 300-volt “plus and minus cable assembly". I have no other knowledge than this, and of course no access to my car.

So this cable is not a standard replacement part - it only shows up on the assembly line.

In spite of the fact that the problem was diagnosed the second day, now 19 days later I have no ETA on a replacement part. Apparently there must be a class of problems that Chevrolet is not prepared to service on the Bolt. I have been told my case has been elevated to "level 4" something, but really the only time I get any information is if I call the dealership.

Withholding my usual colorful language, I would say this experience is pretty bad.

If you’re in California, sounds like you may be close to “Lemon Law” time.

What a drag. Hopefully they can straighten it out before it gets to that. Good luck and please keep us updated!!

Back