"Service Front Camera" warning

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BerkeleyBowlt

When I start my Bolt (~6,000 miles on it), after a few seconds the driver information center (speedometer) displays the messages "Forward Collision Alert Off", then "Service Front Camera".

The lane keeping assist, forward collision alert, and automatic headlight dimming do not work at all.

It first did this intermittently over a few days, but now does it 100% of the time when starting.

I've cleaned the windshield where the camera is (top middle); there's nothing in front of the camera and no windshield damage. I guess I'll take it in under warranty, but has anyone else experienced this?

Have you checked if the other cameras (e.g. the front camera on the bumper) are clean?

Take it to the dealer and refer them to this PIT

Attachments

• Untitled-5.jpg
    Untitled-5.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 7,404
As a much belated followup to this, the dealer determined the "front camera module" was dead and it was replaced under warranty.

From their notes:

"Front view camera module locked up needs to be replaced. Confirmed customer's complaint performed DTC scan and found code B101D SYM 3C and 39. Followed problem tree to reprogramming front view camera but module was locked up and would not allow me to communicate or reprogram. Replaced front view camera and test drove to calibrate."

Back