Why doesn't it auto-lock?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokingRubber

My wife's Mazda has the same keyless entry and keyless start button as my Bolt ... but when she walks away from her car it automatically locks the doors. Can the Bolt be set to do this? How, or why not?

Probably the Passive Door Lock setting described on page 145 of the owner's manual at https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/dynamic/manuals/2017/Chevrolet/BOLT%20EV/Owner%27s%20Manual.pdf (see page 142 for how to get to that setting).

boltage said:
Probably the Passive Door Lock setting described on page 145 of the owner's manual at https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/dynamic/manuals/2017/Chevrolet/BOLT%20EV/Owner%27s%20Manual.pdf (see page 142 for how to get to that setting).

Yes, this is the setting you want. I tried it, and it was a royal PITA for me. The car was always locked in the driveway, which made it that much more of a hassle to get the kids in the car and buckled. But if it is what you want, the Bolt can absolutely do it. It was off by default on my car is all.

I don't find it difficult, since the button on the door handle unlocks the door. The drivers side door can unlock all 4 doors if you push it twice.

drother said:
I don't find it difficult, since the button on the door handle unlocks the door. The drivers side door can unlock all 4 doors if you push it twice.

I never said it was difficult. You are assuming you have the key on you. Now tell a 6-year-old to go get in the car and buckle up. When she gets there and discovers the door is locked, does she run back and grab the key? No, she picks up a stick and starts playing in the front yard.

GetOffYourGas said:
drother said:

I never said it was difficult. You are assuming you have the key on you. Now tell a 6-year-old to go get in the car and buckle up. When she gets there and discovers the door is locked, does she run back and grab the key? No, she picks up a stick and starts playing in the front yard.

Sounds like you're failing to get the bigger picture. How about unlocking it for her with the FOB ???

drdiesel1 said:
GetOffYourGas said:
drother said:

Sounds like you're failing to get the bigger picture. How about unlocking it for her with the FOB ???

Or just leaving it unlocked. I live in a safe neighborhood, and can remember to press the little button on the handle if I do want it locked. Look, my only point is that I don't use that feature because it causes me more trouble than it saves. It is an inconvenience to me.

Please elaborate on what "bigger picture" I am failing to get here.

LOL!

Didn't even know there was an autolock setting until I read this thread.

Just activated it. Don't have to press the button on the handle or the key fob to lock the doors anymore. :)

GetOffYourGas said:
drdiesel1 said:
GetOffYourGas said:

Or just leaving it unlocked. I live in a safe neighborhood, and can remember to press the little button on the handle if I do want it locked. Look, my only point is that I don't use that feature because it causes me more trouble than it saves. It is an inconvenience to me.

Please elaborate on what "bigger picture" I am failing to get here.

I rarely lock my car. One of the first things I did was make sure auto lock was turned off. I really wish I could turn off the auto lock while driving.

Back