Vehicle status - "KeyPass Setup Required"

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winterescape

Yesterday I went to review the charge status & miles remaining on my Bolt using the "myChevrolet" app (3.8.1) on my phone. Instead of seeing the miles remaining and status the screen is empty and fails to refresh when requested. The top level screen for vehicle status now reads "KeyPass Setup Required".

Anyone else seeing this? How did you resolve it? I have tried the standard things of power cycle for the phone and clearing the app cache without any luck.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171022-104443.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 7,199
  • Screenshot_20171022-104449.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 7,199
Posted on another form that GM is having issues with the on star server. They are aware of it and promised a fix sometime on Monday.

I just got mine to pair today and that was the only way for someone like me with basic plan to get vehicle status. I got rid of the onstar app and will be using the mychevrolet app. I have not tested the proximity lights yet but I will see if that works too. For those having issues I kept turning off the on/off button for key pass on the center screen and did bluetooth search on my phone a couple of times and that seemed to help with pairing.

The Chevy app is horrible. That's the problem. Read no further, since the rest of this post is just whining about how bad the MyChevrolet app is.

It suffers from some of the worst "Feature Creep" since AOL instant messenger. I get the "Low range" battery zero thing all the time. For a while it was reporting that I was getting something like 1.3 miles per kwh efficiency. Database corruption that was allowed to persist for the better part of a year. Keypass needs to get re-paired every other week, and the rest of the time the head unit is nagging me to set up Keypass with a big fat stupid window that I can't close and need to wait out for 30 seconds every third time I start the car. Often crashes if there's no internet. Even if you're just trying to Bluetooth Keypass in to it. Eventually works? Buttons are dopey. If the internet connection is bad it just KEEPS ASKING FOR THE PIN. I already have a PIN on my phone. Why can't I opt out off entering it every time for THIS app?

Energy assist: So cumbersome and it'll never be as good as Plugshare or your map app. Stop trying.
Parked Location: SLOW, useless.
At Your Service: No thanks. I get enough ads.
Owner Manual: There's one in the glove box. For the three times you'll ever look at it. or a PDF.
Wifi Hotspot: Don't need a big button to try to get me to pay Onstar for redundant service. A little menu item is fine.
Preferred Dealer: It's called the Map app on your phone. Delete this button.
Watch + Learn: Youtube.
Request An Appointment: Phone app, map app
Roadside Assistance: Phone app.
Assistance: Phone app.
What was up with that driving habits tracker? Who are you selling my pedal positions and speeds to? Is it REALLY gone?

Where's my homescreen widgets for lock, unlock, and remote start? Why can't I change my Hilltop Reserve from the app? Why's it so damn slow?

One thing is for sure - the performance of this app doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence in Onstar... Not enough to justify the cost of the service anyway....

Range started updating again about a week ago. Yeah, the app needs work, it now nags me often that I am "almost out of charging range" and shows my location in the middle of the ocean

I was having similar problems, finally called the help line listed in the app. The helpful person suggested that I delete and reinstall the app, which I did (should have thought of that myself), and all is well now. FWIW.

Back