Climate Control problems

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VoltBolt

Early Bolts had an issue with inadvertent Heat or Cold turning on. Mine is mid March 2017 and should not have these but it does. Driving with AC/HEAT off and just fan, after an hr, suddenly full heat or cold. No new indicators, just heat/cold.
Now when using Automatic climate control, unless you turn thermostat up to75, the vents fail to open, the HEAT is on as judged by the drop in predicted mileage, but no heat enters cab. Could this be a control board? I purchased car in DC and live in the other end of VA. Is the heating control very different from a VOLT or MALIBU such that never having seen a BOLT a mechanic could work on it?
12,000 otherwise trouble-free miles. What a delight of a car. average is 275 miles/charge. 15% Interstate.
Cheers

VoltBolt said:
Early Bolts had an issue with inadvertent Heat or Cold turning on. Mine is mid March 2017 and should not have these but it does. Driving with AC/HEAT off and just fan, after an hr, suddenly full heat or cold. No new indicators, just heat/cold.
Now when using Automatic climate control, unless you turn thermostat up to75, the vents fail to open, the HEAT is on as judged by the drop in predicted mileage, but no heat enters cab. Could this be a control board? I purchased car in DC and live in the other end of VA. Is the heating control very different from a VOLT or MALIBU such that never having seen a BOLT a mechanic could work on it?
12,000 otherwise trouble-free miles. What a delight of a car. average is 275 miles/charge. 15% Interstate.
Cheers

That sounds like a issue with your climate control, and should be checked by a service department.

BTW, I have read this forum, the FB groups and several other forums. I've never heard of any issues of earlier Bolts having heat or cold inadvertently turned on. Do you have a source for this info?

You will need to take it to the dealer and have them read the stored DTC's/data in the HVAC control module.
If you're having this type of issue, it should see a fault in the control modules memory.

Thanks . Here is the Feb.m2017 notice.
#17-NA-049 No Heat and/or Cooling. Temp control does not match what is selected. Tech may find one or more DTC's
BO173, BO178
. Problem my be caused by duct temperature sensor wire harness pinched between HVAC case module

VoltBolt said:
Thanks . Here is the Feb.m2017 notice.
#17-NA-049 No Heat and/or Cooling. Temp control does not match what is selected. Tech may find one or more DTC's
BO173, BO178
. Problem my be caused by duct temperature sensor wire harness pinched between HVAC case module

I was aware of that TSB, but your original compliant is just the opposite of the issue in the TSB.

VoltBolt said:
Cheers

Back