Side Detection Temporarily Unavailable

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinshuk

Since couple week ago, I've noticed this message on most drives. The manual seems to suggest this happens when sensors may be "blocked and cannot detect vehicles". Anyone know where are all the sensors, so I can check and clean them all? Or do I need to take it to the dealer?

kinshuk said:
Since couple week ago, I've noticed this message on most drives. The manual seems to suggest this happens when sensors may be "blocked and cannot detect vehicles". Anyone know where are all the sensors, so I can check and clean them all? Or do I need to take it to the dealer?
Page 139 of the Owner's Manual says this about that message:
SIDE DETECTION TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE
This message indicates that Lane Change Alert (LCA), and Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) are disabled either because the sensor is blocked and cannot detect vehicles in the blind zone, or the vehicle is passing through an open area, such as the desert, where there is insufficient data for operation. This message may also activate during heavy rain or due to road spray. The vehicle does not need service.

Given that it comes on every single drive since couple weeks ago (and I never saw for 8 months of driving prior to that), something has definitely changed and needs fixing. I'm trying to figure out if there's something I can do myself to fix it or I have to take it to dealer. Any ideas what I can do before I schedule with the dealer?

Back