Metallic Grinding Sound at Low Speed

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerryBob

Been a Bolt owner for a week and am still learning the car. Took a while to figure out the radio needs to be muted with the volume turned down rather than turned off???? My current question is that I have a metallic grinding noise (like a brake issue) when the car is at low speed. It goes away at 15mph and comes back when I slow down to 10mph. A previous post said it may be a pedestrian warning sound but I have had people stand outside the car as I drive by and they say the only noise they hear is the tires at 10mph or 25mph. The brakes seem to work OK and don't make a noise when applied. Has anyone else experienced this?

I would suggest that it is the pedestrian warning as well. If you slow down to a stop, can you still hear the noise? The noise should go away when you shift into park. It's easier for me to hear when I'm in the garage, sitting still while in drive. As soon as I shift into park, the noise goes away. I would also describe it as a metallic rubbing sound, and it is quite annoying. I'm considering removing the fuse as others have suggested.

I think if you are careful, you will find that it goes away at 15 and comes back at 14 mph. It is indeed the pedestrian warning signal.

If you are not sure, you can disconnect the pedestrian warning signal machine by the left wheelwell and see if it goes away.

It was the pedestrian friendly alert function. Page 264 of the owners manual will show you the location of the fuse box. Page 265 shows you the location of the individual fuses. Page 266 shows you that fuse #34 is the pedestrian friendly alert function. Thanks for the help.

Back