Rear Camera Spray?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have noticed that the camera spray nozzle gets frozen up much more quickly than the rear window spray. I haven't been able to use mine in a week. I did put lower temp washer fluid in the reservoir, but I don't think it has worked its way through the system yet. I'm waiting for a thaw (hopefully this weekend) to work the cheap stuff out of the tubing.

I've also found that the lens will eventually get a layer of grime that the spray can't completely clean off, especially with the road salt used up here in Canada for the winter. You can still see an image, but it'll be a bit hazy and and darker. I've just gently rubbed it clean with a finger, right after the lens has been sprayed.

GetOffYourGas said:
I'm too worried about scratching the lens to do that. I normally take a spray bottle of glass cleaner and a clean cloth.
I keep a little pot of soapy water in the garage, use it wet my finger and use my finger to wet the lens. Then I use a different finger to wipe it clean.

GetOffYourGas said:
I'm too worried about scratching the lens to do that. I normally take a spray bottle of glass cleaner and a clean cloth.

I'm curious to see how the front camera holds up over time. The only worse place for it would be in a wheel well. 17,000 miles in it seems to be doing quite well. Maybe it's a fused quartz lens :p although I doubt it.

Back