How to properly close Bolt?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yaric

Hi

I do not use key, but before leaving parking I am pressing button on door handle causing all door to lock.
Is it proper closing and does it activates thief alarm the same way as if you press 'lock' on remote?

Do you need to push the button on the door handle or does it automatically lock itself when you are a certain distance away?

jamesh8257 said:
Do you need to push the button on the door handle or does it automatically lock itself when you are a certain distance away?
That's a setting you can change one way or the other. I keep my car in a garage and prefer it not to be locked (if someone breaks into my garage I'd just as soon not have them damage my car by breaking into it as well). So I have the car set to require manual locking.

yaric said:
Hi

I do not use key, but before leaving parking I am pressing button on door handle causing all door to lock.
Is it proper closing and does it activates thief alarm the same way as if you press 'lock' on remote?
As others said, yes, remote and button on door handle activates alarm.
Separate from this, I love Programmed Delayed Locking - I rarely use the remote nor the button on the
door handle to lock the doors...as they automatically lock (and activate the alarm) 5 seconds after the last
door is closed. (See page 42 & 142 in owner's manual)

Back