New Software 14.5 installed by Dealer

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grestep5621

I visited my dealer yesterday, but didn't realize that 14.5 was installed until today. That is when I removed the charge cord and the alarm turned on. I had turned it off in settings. So, I can report that Keypass now is working on my car with this new software. I don't play mp4's so I didn't notice if they are now unplayable. Please note that I did not received this OTA, it was installed at the dealer during a 2 hour install. Previously I had 14.4.2 and Keypass didn't work with my Android phone.

i went in today for an unspecified radio software upgrade and the "better warning for pack imbalance" upgrade today. indeed 14.5 is now installed on my MY2017 bolt. i had installed 14.4.2 myself and i guess owing to the new software being > 14.4.2, no one complained or noticed that it had been done.

i am an iPhone user and had previously complained about the original software cutting off google maps announcements when listening to the radio. 14.4.2 did not fix this and in fact made the carplay behavior worse - the song progress bar would frequently freeze and then not update the track names as music kept playing.

pleased to report that they fixed the radio/google maps thing... by simply disabling carplay audio while the radio is playing, lol. so if you want to hear google maps, you need to be listening to carplay audio.

but the progress bar thing seems to be fixed. only time will tell.

oh, i take it back... looks like because of the upgrade, carplay was turned off. when i turned it on i started getting google maps announcements when the radio is playing. i will test to see if it is at all improved.

ok - same behavior... google maps announcements are cut off while listening to radio (audio switches to carplay while announcement is already in progress) , but on the plus side the google maps audio never stops playing after thrashing a few times, as it did in the original version that was shipped with my car.

Back