Interior Design - Please Consider Loosing the Floor Counsel

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

The floor counsel, in between the seats, wastes so much space for an electronic gear shifter that can be easily placed on the dash. Please consider, as a possible option, the removal of the floor counsel. Larger, upgraded seats with that totally flat floor might be visually more appealing, aside from being easier to keep the floor clean.

Hi Bob,

Yes it might look better, but once you're using the vehicle, people love having places to store all sorts of things and I think a center console is a great idea.

The BMW i3 didn't (maybe still doesn't) have a center console, but that originally was because the concept had a bench seat so you could slide out the passenger side if parked in a tight city spot....

If you aren't trying to make it easier to get in and out, then I'm not sure a center console is a bad thing. Granted, it does look more modern and futuristic to have a full flat floor, and an electric vehicle like the Chevrolet Bolt is the only type that can manage that!

Back