Google Pay on Apple CarPlay

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VABolt

A question I have is if Apple permits Google Play on Apple CarPlay, then why won't Apple permit Google Maps on Apple CarPlay? :roll:

i suspect that google would have to explicitly code for carplay and probably have not done it? maybe they are not interested, same with the way they stopped supporting apple watch in google maps.

I'm pretty sure this goes back to when GoogleMaps was the "official map" of iOS via iPhone and iPad. When Apple developed their own mapping product, there was a falling out with Google and Apple continued their desire to push Apple Maps by not allowing GoogleMaps to run on CarPlay.

astroboy said:
could be, but also maybe google wants you to buy an android phone and android wear watch...

Could be. I have tried android phones in the past and just do not like them. Like they say either you love Apple or you love android phones.

Sperling3 said:
I'm pretty sure this goes back to when GoogleMaps was the "official map" of iOS via iPhone and iPad. When Apple developed their own mapping product, there was a falling out with Google and Apple continued their desire to push Apple Maps by not allowing GoogleMaps to run on CarPlay.

I wish they would make up. Cant we all just get along?

Back