Rear camera guide line calibration?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

My car just did an OTA update of infotainment software to 14.5.0 B. I was checking through the menus to be sure all my preferences were still the same - they are. One thing I noticed is that when the steering is centered, the rear camera guide lines are not quite centered. It was probably already that way before the update, just post update checking made me notice.

I used to drive a LEAF, and it was possible to go into a service menu with a simple key sequence and the adjust the centering of the guide lines among other things. Is there something like that for the Bolt?

I have to go to the dealer for the Module 2 firware update for the battery cell balance issue anyway, and I figure the dealer could probably calibrate the guide lines. I’d rather just do it myself and save having to explain it to the service person at the dealer.

BillM said:
I used to drive a LEAF, and it was possible to go into a service menu with a simple key sequence and the adjust the centering of the guide lines among other things. Is there something like that for the Bolt?
This is just a wild theory, but if I had that problem I'd find an empty parking lot, shift to reverse, and back up while turning the steering wheel from the full lock in one direction to full lock in the other. I'd be hoping that the software would self-calibrate when it sees the full range of steering travel.

It's almost certainly wishful thinking, but it might be worth a try.

Back