Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took my car to the dealer Wednesday. The update took almost 2 hours. I was told it was an unusual update because someone had to sit in the car with their foot on the brake the entire time. Foot off = fail. Then when it was done the car kept giving some kind of initialization error message and wouldn't budge. That error message resolved itself after 6-8 tries of the power button. And, they rotated my tires.

2 days to complete to the update sounds like someone isn't performing it properly.

Now, when my battery is fully charged it says I only have 135 miles of range available. I'm hoping that after a few days of use it will recalculate that better.

Stefan1991 said:
I've brought my car to a dealer yesterday morning or getting the Powertrain control module reprogrammed....
Thanks for posting. Original PCM update took 90 minutes, and the waiting area was full.
I also had an appointment for second PCM update on Thursday and planed to wait for the car. Waiting area was empty so expected a quick turnaround. Service writer said they were too busy, and that I'd have to leave the car!?! So I canceled the appointment.
Following.

I also got FedEx, they did it today
I asked them if it is possible to update it OTA
they said no.. oh boy... same story...

but my post is about infotaiment system, which may be related
after the last radio update I thought that all the glitches were fixed

here is what bugs me

I use AA with Nexus 5 or LG risio 2
also I use an MP3 player through the audio jack
and once in a while the flash drive with music as USB 2

if I connect all 3 devices simultaniously
the phone portion stops workin when I try to make a phone cal
or answer one
the USB 2 is trying to connect as another AA phone..

When I answer, the sound comes very distorted,
can't tell any word in the conversation,
my party can't either, hears just the noise
so, even if I unlug all other devices it still doesn't work

I have to stop the car, turn it off
wait a few minutes
and then,
connect all my desired devices one after another
then it works
why is that?
is that system designed to use all 3 inputs simultaniesly?
or only one at a time?
and when I end the trip, I have to remember to unplug all of them
for the next successful start, pluging back in one at a time...

appreciate someone's experience in a similar scenario

to say the least about "charging status"
it still sucks, in spite of working hard on the problem)))

beback said:
I also got FedEx, they did it today
I asked them if it is possible to update it OTA
they said no.. oh boy... same story...

but my post is about infotaiment system, which may be related
after the last radio update I thought that all the glitches were fixed

here is what bugs me

DUBviJ9.jpg

but seriously, i don't know - all i know is that the entertainment system is very buggy despite being on "version 14" and to be honest with each successive update it seems to have gotten worse to me. i basically can not use the radio if i want google maps (iOS) to make route announcements. i have to be listening to music from my phone (so that there's essentially just one source of audio) for it to even have a chance of working. and it seems like after 10 minutes, carplay disconnects and then may or may not reconnect again.

Back