Bolt EV Service Manual Is Here

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffN

I bought the new service manual for $200 and skimmed the 4,488 pages. Here are a few things I found:

https://electricrevs.com/2018/06/05/revealed-secrets-of-the-bolt-ev-service-manual/

Thank you for posting this. On your website where you give the review, I noticed:
Fresh air

Owners in hot and humid areas might be pleasantly surprised to learn that there is a secret “afterblow” mode that will continue to blow air through the vehicle ducts after it is turned off in order to dry out the air conditioning system. Otherwise, the moisture left in the ducts can allow the growth of bacteria and mold that can sometimes cause odors. This mode is not documented in the owner manual but it can be enabled by a dealer service technician.

Well that is good to know, and would have been good to know in the beginning. Our Bolt just developed a mold problem in the ventilation system in the past month or so. And we are in a desert, near Palm Springs, and very dry. Now we have to get it cleaned somehow, before we could have this feature turned on.

Are there directions for how to clean the ventilation system in that book?

Pure solid gold and no doubt worth it! If I end up buying another bolt after my lease is up, I'll be getting the book for sure! Great news!! Does it have any documentation on PIDs so the people with the Bluetooth code readers can read all the interesting data points? Does the manual describe how to actually engage AfterBlow?

Back