Wiper - Windshield wiper

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

When activated, my drive side wiper blade only covers half my window? Dealer had my car for total 3 days and still cannot fix? Dealer tried replacing wiper motor but still cannot fix? Do others have the same problem.

DaBoltMan said:
When activated, my drive side wiper blade only covers half my window? Dealer had my car for total 3 days and still cannot fix? Dealer tried replacing wiper motor but still cannot fix? Do others have the same problem.
I haven't seen anyone else report this problem. I'd try removing the wiper blade and arm from the motor and turn on the window wipers to see if the motor shaft turns through a complete ~90 degrees. If it does, it's possible that the arm wasn't installed correctly. For example, if the motor was in the halfway position when the wiper arm was installed then instead of moving the blade between the bottom of the windscreen add the left side, it may be trying to move it from a 45 degree angle on the windscreen to a position "below" the bottom of the windscreen.

You'd think the dealer would figure this out, but you never know.

If the motor shaft on its own isn't turning through a ~90 degree angle then there's some sort of motor or electrical issue that's beyond my ken...

:) thank you very much for response. I’ll see if dealer can resolve. I missed my Bolt!

Back