Distorted Audio

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epete

My Bolt showed a strange problem this past week. When turning on the car, the Audio with the Bolt Welcome Screen was extremely loud and distorted. I thought someone had left the audio up too loud when they shut the car off. Then the radio cam on. Also distorted at any volume level. This was true for all audio sources. (SXM, AM, FM, Andriod Auto, OnStar) The distortion was so bad you could not make out speech. I tried resetting with factory defaults and no luck. I put up with this for the entire 45 minute ride. When returning to my vehicle about an hour later to drive home, the Audio was working normally again. My wife has used the car just before I did when the problem started and she said she didn't experience any issues. This vehicle has the Premium Audio Option in case that makes a difference.

This shouldn't be happening on a car that is 13 months old.

Anyone else experience this on their Bolt

haven't seen that but have had all manner of problems with the entertainment system - carplay disconnecting/reconnecting, lockups, etc. what happened to you seems par for the course.

epete said:
... the Audio with the Bolt Welcome Screen was extremely loud and distorted.
When returning to my vehicle about an hour later to drive home, the Audio was working normally again.
This shouldn't be happening on a car that is 13 months old.

Anyone else experience this on their Bolt

Welcome to the world of not fully tested and slightly buggy some of the time software.

My 2017 has not done this.

A couple of days ago, after reversing out of the garage, the front camera stayed on when I drove away.
I had to re-boot the entertainment to get it to behave normally.

I don't mind slightly buggy software if it is something they are planning to fix. I just don't want to find out one day (day after Warranty Expiration) the problem becomes permanent.

epete said:
I don't mind slightly buggy software if it is something they are planning to fix. I just don't want to find out one day (day after Warranty Expiration) the problem becomes permanent.
Report it, otherwise they will never know.

And BTW, my camera JUST did the same thing today. I had no radio control, no volume, no charge station, no home key. Infotainment locked up. The camera must be an analog feed because it kept working. Then, it spontaneously reboot.

Back