Speed Limit warning signal

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

On my new 2018 Bolt when going through all the set-up menus I found a setting to set an alarm at a particular speed. I set it to 55 mph. Now every time I reach 55mph I get a very annoying gong signal and message on the DIC that I have exceeded the speed limit. I try to go back to the menu to turn it off and find that the item no longer exists on the menus—or at least I can’t find it. Someone suggested that I wait for the message to appear then press the right arrow at the steering wheel DIC control to get to the proper set-up menu, but no luck. Has anyone had this problem and discovered a way to solve it?

If I recall correctly the speed limit warning isn't in the Infotainment screen menus, it's in the Instrument cluster menu. Press the "Left" button on the steering wheel to go into the menu system.

I tried going back to the instrument cluster menu but the setup for the speed limit warning is no longer appearing. If you see it on your menu you might tell me which heading you see it under.

cetruax said:
I tried going back to the instrument cluster menu but the setup for the speed limit warning is no longer appearing. If you see it on your menu you might tell me which heading you see it under.
I looked for this yesterday while I was driving - it's under "Options" at the bottom of the left-side menu on the instrument cluster. Press "Left" to bring up the menu, press "down" several times to go down to "Options" and press "Checkmark". You'll see the option to change between metric and imperial speed - I believe if you press "down" from here the next option is for the speed limit.

Note that there are "hints" at the top, button, left and right edge of the large circle on the display that tell you which arrow buttons you can use. If you see a little arrow there, it means that you can use the corresponding arrow button on the steering wheel. Explore!

Back