squeak/ rattle from rear hatch

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grbadave

Car is 6 mo old, 11K mi. Hearing squeak/ rattle from rear hatch when going over small bumps. Car is so quiet little noises are annoying. On the inside of the door 2 of the rubber feet can be dialed to move in or out. At first they were not equal but I've tried many combinations and nothing seems to help. I assume the sound is from one of the multiple rubber feet but who knows. The interior door panel does not seem to be loose.

grbadave said:
Car is 6 mo old, 11K mi. Hearing squeak/ rattle from rear hatch when going over small bumps. Car is so quiet little noises are annoying. On the inside of the door 2 of the rubber feet can be dialed to move in or out. At first they were not equal but I've tried many combinations and nothing seems to help. I assume the sound is from one of the multiple rubber feet but who knows. The interior door panel does not seem to be loose.
Did you check the top spoiler? Grab it where the light is and apply some upward/downward pressure to determine if it's the noise source.

grbadave said:
My dealer applied some sort of lubricant to the rubber bumpers and that solved my creaking problem.

Back