Turn Signal Noises

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidcahill

When our Bolt sits for a while at a long traffic light, the car's turn signal first makes the normal click-click-click noise. Then it starts making a bing-bing-bing noise.

Is this normal?

David Cahill

I do know that the blinker noise is created "artificially" - Sometimes when the car turns on and off, the blinkers may still be blinking, but the clicking is absent. Whether it's normal for the sound to change, I can't say, but since it appears that it's not created by the actual device switching the lamps, that the car is probably free to make it do whatever it pleases. I wouldn't worry about it for sure, but I could imagine the practical use of reminding you to turn off your blinker after having driven miles down the interstate with it accidentally being left on. I have a very early 2017 Bolt, and perhaps it doesn't have this software, so mine doesn't have this behavior that I know of, but it seems a practical feature, so I'll cast my vote to say that it's normal.

The Bolt does have a warning when you have left the turn signal on for too long. It's generally for normal driving where you may have forgotten that it was on after a lane change, for example.

Back