Charging history data missing

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LesMoss

I have 2018 Bolt and use a Schneider EVlink level 2 charger at home and Chargepoint level 2 charger at work. Most of my charging data from "Charging Stats and History" is there and appears correct. The problem I have is that some charging sessions are not reported. About 10% of my charge sessions are not captured and it can happen for both home and work charges. I can capture missing work sessions on the Chargepoint web site. When they are captured, the Chargepoint and Bolt data agree.

This is clearly a software problem somewhere in the Onstar system. My guess is related to comm failures not being retried/recovered correctly.

Bolt support is of course no help. They want me to take it to the dealer who is also clueless.

Wishlist item: Add the mileage to the charge session info.

Update 2 month later: Over the last 2 month the charging data has become less and less reliable. The last charge registered was on 6/14, about 3 weeks ago. Interestingly, the mileage history has data up to 6/20 and I see tire pressures as of 6/28, so there is communication.

I guess that there are very few people looking at this data and the only thing you get when calling Chevy is "take it to the dealer for service".

BTW, I don't buy any Onstar services, so that may be a factor.

Anybody else able to give a recent report?

Mine isn't updating either. I don't pay for OnStar, but it didn't used to matter. Maybe it still doesn't? Can someone who pays for OnStar report on whether your data is updated regularly?

I have a 2019 Bolt, and also have (for now, at least) the basic OnStar service that allows me to use the MyChevy app to do whatever it does.

I was just on a 2 week vacation, and wanted to download all of the charging that was done (about 25 charges), and found that quite a few were missing. I also see a bunch of tiny charges (0 kWh or 0.02 kWh, for example), which I suspect is where the Bolt switches back to charge mode a few hours after completing a charge, while still plugged in.

I'd really like to see the MyChevy app allow the charge level (0 to 100%) be set remotely, among many other things, but that's another conversation...

Back