Distance from bolt hole on hitch to bumper face

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrionV

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a Bolt that I'm quite happy with and it's now time to get a hitch on so I can carry my bike rack, a Thule T2 XT Pro. The big question for me is whether the rack will contact the bumper when it's in the stored/raised position. Most rack manufacturers quote the required minimum distance for clearance as measured from the center of the bolt hole in the receiver hitch to the face of the bumper, but no one seems to know this number for either the draw-tite or ecohitch -- the two most popular hitches for the Bolt.

With that number we'd be able to tell if any given rack would clear the bumper of the Bolt. Can someone who has either of these hitches take a quick measurement of the distance from bolt hole to bumper face? I'm personally most interested in the ecohitch since my rack is a 2" but it would likely be helpful to others wondering about the draw-tite to have both those numbers posted here.

Or is anyone using an ecohitch with a Thule T2 that can confirm it fits?

Any help on this is much appreciated!

Brion

For the Eco Hitch mounted on my 2017 Bolt Premiere the centre of the bolt hole in the receiver looks to be recessed a shade under 4" from the back of the bumper.

Back