Tapping/clicking Sound

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colaboy29

A few weeks ago I noticed a rhythmic clicking/tapping sound coming from the driver side dash area. It lasts no more than 5 seconds before it stops and I usually hear it when I unlock the car and get in. If I'm sitting in my car with the engine off for an extended time (I often take my lunch hour in my car) it happens only when I lock or unlock the doors - it never starts on its own. I do know if I have time to press on the brake the sound stops.

I've noticed no problems with my Bolt's operation since this started. Has anyone else had this issue? I am guessing it's related to the door locks, or something associated with that mechanism.

Thanks!

The source of the sound may be the fuse box. There are some relays in it. It's right below the panel with dash illumination adjustment and headlight knobs.

Well, I took my car in to the dealer and they checked it out and said this is normal. Funny, I didn't have it for the 2 years previous I owned the car.

Back