Bolt accessory button questions

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snakesteve

Hello Bolt owners! I'm new to the forum and I am not sure if this is the correct place for this question or not so maybe you can assist me with the answer (if there is one).

To begin with I have a 2019 Chevy Bolt Premier
I have added a roof basket and LED auxiliary lighting.

I have two options to actuate the lights.
Install an aftermarket power switch.
Or
Install an OEM accessory switch.
I chose the latter.

I would like to replace the switch blank on the dashboard located under the climate controls with a switch I purchased from my local GM dealer. This switch will actuate a relay which will operate the LED lights.
This way it will be a clean install without any unsightly aftermarket toggle switches sticking out of my dashboard.

I have the switch - it was around $40 from GM.

The problem I am having is that I need the custom-molded plug with pins for the receptacle side of the switch. (see photos). GM said they would need to special order this part and that it would come without the pins and cost an insane $75.00!! - for a tiny plastic part - crazy!

This is why I am here - do any of you out there in Boltland have any idea where I can find one of these plugs - new or used - the exact part number or another part that will cross with this one and work - hopefully with pins and a few inches of wiring - so I can finish my modification and turn on my lights so I hopefully will not hit any more deer on the country roads I drive every day?

I am more than willing to pay a reasonable price for the part but $75 is in no way reasonable.

Any ideas?

Switch part# 95442197
Connector part#13509648

Thanks in advance,
Stevo in NC
Note: I have tried to upload photos but am unable to do so. I have resized them and tried to do so individually and have had no luck. If anyone wants to see the images please instruct me on how to upload photos and I will do so.

I would suggest doing a cross reference of the part to see what other GM's it fits. Then try to track one down in a salvage yard.

As an Uber driver, I would love to see an aftermarket on/off switches on the front dashboard for the two backseat warmers.

This forum is not “upload photo” friendly.

You have to link to an other online photo uplink.

As far as uploading a photo - maybe an imgur link?

I'd be interested in seeing a close-up photo of the connector. I might recognize it - I work with a variety of connectors at my job (electrical engineer at a forklift manufacturer) and I might recognize the connector series. If I do, I might be able to tell you where you can order a connector on Mouser and might be able to give some hints as to economical crimp tools that do an acceptable job.

MIGHT. No guarantees.

(Not a Bolt owner yet, but looking highly likely in the near future...)

Back