Black spots on side mirror?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marspilgrim

2017 Premier. Several "spots" on the bottom edge about a quarter inch in size, sort of like the "silver" backing has corroded or flaked off. Being my first domestic car in about 40 years I assume this is normal for Chevy? Anyone else have this issue? I did recently get the notice that my warranty ends April 10th so I plan to take it in since I have a Bolt supporting dealer about 10 miles away. I have complete faith in the LG drivetrain and electronic bits. It's the Chevy parts of the vehicle that worry me.

Just going to second this post. Just received a used 2017 Bolt today and I noticed the same thing on my left mirror. It’s not enough to drive me crazy, but it was enough to grab my attention. Wonder if I can have it fixed under the general warranty, but I assume it will just be considered as cosmetic wear and tear.

I've seen complaints about this before on Bolt FB groups. I hear a source of the blame for this is spraying glass cleaners onto the mirror instead of into a cloth and wiping with that. Not sure if that's true.

Back