Keypass work on LG G7

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bibimicrosylcom

I have my Bolt since one year, and it’s make one year I try to make keypass work without success, but I found the solution this week to make it work on my LG G7, First last week I received a push of android 10 on my cell, so I give it a try, but I was sure it will not work, but yes here is the way to do.

Your phone must be unconnected via USB

First you must have MyChevrolet installed, after go in your phone Setting/App Notification/Permission/Camera/MyChevrolet and add camera permission.

Now go in Setting/Connected App/Bluetooth If you have Keypass as device remove it

Reboot your phone

In your car go in setting/reset to factory default and use the second option not radio and not car

Go in Keypass and be sure it is enable

Now open MyChevrolet, select the keypass setting on the top, continue and you will see the phone pairing, select paire connected and a QR Code will appear. Now plug the USB Cable, On the cell screen the QR code reader will appear and just put your phone in the front of the screen,

After it will make the validation of the QR code it could be long, On the car screen it will appear phone registered, and the MyChevrolet will freeze, close the application, restart it and your all set the keypass will work !!!

I have just been told by OnStar that the KeyPass will not work with any iPhones newer than the iPhone 8. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Back