Pachanga10

Re: Charging in peak thought I told it not to

Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:45 pm

I have this exact same interest trying to get it to Long Green Flash ,not charge when plugged in ,now trying minimum 4 hr off peak. If you heard back from General Motors please update post.

Williams60

Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:57 pm

Even when set to only charge during off peak, it will still start to charge initially when you first plug it in. It takes around 5 minutes before mine will switch itself off and then delay the charge start until off-peak times, or until the time it needs to start to be fully charged before your 'departure time', if you have it on this setting. It concerned me when I first experienced this, but one of the times I just left it and then heard the load 'click' as it shut its charging off after around 5 - 10 minutes (I can't remember exactly how long, but it was quite a while as I was pottering around in the garage doing something else...).

BHazel

Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:01 am

Just move the 4 hour window so it does not start until 1 or 2 hours before you plan on getting in the car. That will get you the minimum charge time that you are looking for and the charging right before you get in the car will put some extra heat in the battery.

IMAdolt

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:53 pm

Or set your off peak times to when know you're not going to be plugged in, like right after you're going to work.

All that aside I think the battery will condition weather it's plugged in or not down to about 30% SoC? If that's the case just don't plug it in unless you want it charged or maybe it's really cold?

Return to “Batteries and Charging”