110 volt outlet

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trevmar

Anyone have experience with the on-board 110 v outlet? How much current will it supply, and for how long can you use it?

would be nice to know if we could use it if (when) the house power goes down, even if only to run the gas furnace blower to keep the house warm

What trim/package level do you have that has a built-in 110V outlet? I don't see it referenced in the owner's manual, but typically such things are very limited, like to 150W or less.

Ooops - my bad, what I thought was a 110 outlet is the two USB outlets in the center rear - sorry!

I can see how that could happen if you didn't look closely at them.

My Ford C-Max actually does have a 110V outlet in that very location. It is limited to 150W, so not useful for running anything critical in the house. It's only really to allow the kids to charge their toys while on the road.

I do have a 1500W continuous (3000W peak) pure sine wave inverter which I can connect to the car in an emergency. But it's bulky and expensive. I don't expect OEMs to integrate these into passenger cars ever. Maybe work trucks.

Back