What's Your MaximumRange?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alevek

Another record, fully charged, garage temp 75 deg: Range 256 mi, Max 304, Min 209. Have pic but won't let me upload, file too large?

alevek said:
Another record, fully charged, garage temp 75 deg: Range 256 mi, Max 304, Min 209. Have pic but won't let me upload, file too large?

Given the temps in most of the US I think I want to live wherever you live! Currently my ODT is 14 Deg F and my garage temp is only 28 deg F. Back in the summer it was very common to see my range (nominal) in the 260s

I posted this in another thread; the range at the end of overnight charging was 307 miles. I found that the hilltop reserve setting was off, so I turned it on and charged overnight. The fully charged range was 247, or 80% of what it was with the hilltop reserve setting off.

Hello to the group. I'm a six month Bolt owner, got mine last October. Previously I'd leased a Volt for three years. I learned the value of "L" for one-petal driving. I'm technically inclined, and approach the while thing as a science project.

I'd been getting full charge range indications of 280-300 mile for a while, and then had a drop off. GM told me they had an error from my vehicle and they scheduled a battery replacement.

I don't know what the replacement was, but now I've been getting a rising range indication topping out today at:

343 Miles. MAX 404 Min 281. The MyChevrolet app said 343 before I unplugged it. Pic/screenshot attached.

* attachments not allowed here, or by me I suppose.... will not upload

I drive in suburban LA. Daily uphill with under 3 mi/kWhr on the way up, and back to 5+ mi/kWhr. on the way down. That plus freeway driving where I have to go 60 or more to keep up with traffic. So this isnt just around the block stuff.

I use cruise whenever I can over 24MPH, and try to never touch the brakes.... Coast to a stop and look ahead.

Is anyone else getting this kind of indication?

The furthest I have driven my 2017 BOLT ev (purchased 2/28/17) has been 286 miles. Had a few miles before totally dead. I doubt I will ever beat that figure.

myBoltAge said:
Hello to the group. I'm a six month Bolt owner, got mine last October. Previously I'd leased a Volt for three years. I learned the value of "L" for one-petal driving. I'm technically inclined, and approach the while thing as a science project.

I'd been getting full charge range indications of 280-300 mile for a while, and then had a drop off. GM told me they had an error from my vehicle and they scheduled a battery replacement.

I don't know what the replacement was, but now I've been getting a rising range indication topping out today at:

343 Miles. MAX 404 Min 281. The MyChevrolet app said 343 before I unplugged it. Pic/screenshot attached.

* attachments not allowed here, or by me I suppose.... will not upload

I drive in suburban LA. Daily uphill with under 3 mi/kWhr on the way up, and back to 5+ mi/kWhr. on the way down. That plus freeway driving where I have to go 60 or more to keep up with traffic. So this isnt just around the block stuff.

I use cruise whenever I can over 24MPH, and try to never touch the brakes.... Coast to a stop and look ahead.

Is anyone else getting this kind of indication?

Woah!!! That is some crazy numbers. No ! No is getting that. Are you getting that in real time driving.. or just calculations?

put a few pounds of pressure in your tire.. you will be surprised at the difference.
(not good for bad weather)/. I generally drive with 42 PSI

Back