299 miles after 110v charging today

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xiaoyu80305

I was a previous owner of 2012 Leaf, then 2014 Leaf. In December last year, I sold my leaf, and bought 2017 bolt. I had software updated two months ago. I charge the car by 110 volt regularly, since I am retired.
The indicator of the mileage was not stable after charging. It showed 299 miles this morning. sometimes showed 265 miles. It was stable before the software upgrading, which was around 210 miles.
Can someone give me an advice?

When did you have the updates done? Have you driven much since then? Many have noticed (myself included) that it takes a while for the car to re-learn your efficiency.

Hummmm, I've never noticed the slightest problem with the Range indicator - it obviously showing a 'range of ranges'.

I have noticed the estimated time for charging varies as to the LAST TIME you charged - I don't know why they
do that as the VOLT and ELR used to give estimated 8 amp, 12 amp (at 120 volts), and 240 volt completion times. Why change a good thing? But then that's GM for you.. They can't seem to leave well enough alone - Apparently they don't have a mature systems manager worried about 'Continuity of Product'. If something works in one GM car they should use it every where, not do a needless differentiation.

Every time I'm given a GM Rental vehicle I'm stymied at the dashboard, - as every one is totally foreign to me, and most of the 'features' I cannot use since I can't figure out how to access them. Most of the displays are total BS - Beyond Stupidity.

I currently have 2 GM products myself (BOLT, ELR), but apparently none of GM's current great brains have figured out my main task is to drive down the road undistracted by the instrument panel. And the ICE cars are more needlessly complicated than even the EV's.

The software was updated on May 16th, 2018. I have driven 1300 miles since then. I am talking about the mileage reading (not min. or max.) right after charging finished. The reading range could be in between 230 to 260 in the past after software upgrading. The 299 today was an extreme number!

xiaoyu80305 said:
The software was updated on May 16th, 2018. I have driven 1300 miles since then. I am talking about the mileage reading (not min. or max.) right after charging finished. The reading range could be in between 230 to 260 in the past after software upgrading. The 299 today was an extreme number!
Welcome to summer...

I spoke to a chevy service guy, but no good answer.
Yesterday, I suddenly came out an idea, which might give me the answer.
We all knew that the indicated the average driving range was based on previous driving condition. But do you know for how long 25 miles, 50 miles....? I drove to Rocky Mountain National Park from Boulder first, then I charged my car over night. From Alpine visit center to Boulder was all way down hill about 60 miles. The car had calculated the driving range based on this driving condition, which came out with very high predicated driving range. Now, my question is how long (miles) does the car analyzes the driving condition to get the predicted driving range? Who has the answer?

Back