SparkE

AAA: EVgo waives the monthly membership fees

Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:59 pm

EVgo "free" subscription :

(I would have SWORN that I posted this, but a quick search didn't find it).

Apparently EVgo will give you the lower rate without a monthly subscription if you are a AAA member (at least in CA).

https://discounts.calstate.aaa.com/offe ... &zip=95661

Arob216

Re: AAA: EVgo waives the monthly membership fees

Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:16 pm

CO AAA member here, the link appears to have worked. The EVGo site informs me the discount has been added to my account!
2018 Chevy Bolt Premiere, Nightfall Gray

JoeS

Re: AAA: EVgo waives the monthly membership fees

Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:38 pm

SparkE, thank you very much for this lead. Hey, $8x12 months almost covers the cost of the AAA membership! I wonder if we still get the first few kWh covered by the plan each month for up to the $8 for 'free'?

I just signed up and clicked that I already have an existing account and went through the signup process, but now in looking at my account on the EVgo website I see that I have two contracts/plans listed: the previous one and the new one, both active. Haven't called EVgo to clarify this - has anyone?

On the new plan they reference AAA and they're showing an end date of 1/7/20 (one month after I signed up) and on the old plan they're showing an end date of 12/21/19 (the usual monthly renewal day) and I intend to wait until after that date to see what happens rather than pestering EVgo.

Return to “Batteries and Charging”