Texas Bolts

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hey all, just joined the forum, didn't see a "introduce yourself section", so decided to go this route. Do not have a bolt, but getting real serious about joining the crowd.

Hybrids have never sparked my interest, always felt like too many systems to go wrong. Was waiting for the BEV technology to mature, but since the Tesla Model 3 event my interest has really started to peak, then the recent gas scare in Dallas really solidified the deal (not really, but good excuse).

Model 3 looks to be a nice BEV, love the supercharger network, but the wait especially if it resulted in the loss of the 7500 tax break would be a deal breaker for me. Any chance anybody is making a deal with Tesla to share their supercharger spots with DC-Fast chargers? Or, I hear Volkswagen is suppose to invest in a charging network as part as there pay-back to society, any word on that?

I am in the Dallas area, looks like charging infrastructure is well built up in the metro area. Not really that worried about the metro tho given the 238 range of the bolt. However, I am not real happy with outlaying infrastructure. The wife and I frequently will take road trips to east texas (e.g. jefferson, caddo, longview area), up north into oklahoma, austin, etc.. Not sure the Bolt would be very practical for those types of trips, thinking the bolt would be confined to the city until the infrastructure matured. Let me know of your experiences in these areas...

Also was wondering if anyone has heard about the 2500 rebate the texas legislature re-instated in the last session. Sounding like it will get resurrected in the spring of 2018, but wonder if it will be retro-active. Anybody hear anything?

Lots more questions, but think my band-width is running out. Looks like a nice forum, cudos to the keepers.. bob

Yes, the Bolt is near perfect for 99.9% of daily vehicle use.

The Bolt as a useful medium distance road trip vehicle depends upon the driver/passenger's ability to adapt and change. There are many Bolt owners who laud the every 150-200-mile stops to recharge as a benefit; a more relaxing mode of travel. There are others who can never accept the limitations and a small paranoid minority who will suffer anxiety venturing into the unknown. Word of advice; all in the Bolt on road trips must sign a waiver he/she is on board and accepting of the charging stops. Otherwise, there lies divorce or at the least, discord.

jack vines

Back