Canadians - post your order details!

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjr

Hi all on the Bolt EV forum, and in this thread, specifically Canadians!

I thought I might be the only Canadian to want a Bolt EV, but comments below recent articles about the EV order page going up on GM Canada's site, I see all sorts of us Canucks!

Build tool: http://www.chevrolet.ca/bolt-ev-electric-vehicle/build-and-price.html

So tell me, where are you in the Great White North, and have you ordered a Bolt EV, and when does your dealership expect to get it?

I am in the Lower Mainland, B.C., and I waited too long - I am number 12 at my dealership, and they are expecting 10 initial Bolt deliveries, with another 10 coming after that. It's so vague from GM my dealership doesn't know when other than "hopefully early 2017" :(

I'm another Left Coaster who's very interested in the Bolt, but I'm not going to buy or order until I've had a chance to take one for a test drive. I don't expect to be able to do that until February or March, hopefully. At worst, I hope to be able to at least sit in one at the Vancouver International Auto Show at the end of March.

I'm seriously considering buying a really cheap beater and insuring it for 6 months so I can turn it in for the $3250 Scrap-It program rebate.

What? A $3250 rebate? Why haven't I heard of this? :)

Are there requirements? Does it need to have a hole in the cats? or rust? or poor mileage etc? So many questions!!

jjr said:

Are there requirements? Does it need to have a hole in the cats? or rust? or poor mileage etc? So many questions!!
See the BC Scrap-It program website at: https://scrapit.ca/

The idea behind the program is that it provides an incentive to take old gas guzzlers off the road and replace them with newer, more environmentally friendly vehicles. If you buy an approved electric vehicle (and the Bolt is on the list) then you can get $3250 for scrapping your old vehicle. You must be the registered owner of the vehicle to be scrapped and it must have been insured by you for the past 6 months. Of course you're not going to net $3250 if you have to specifically buy and insure a vehicle to do this, but you can still save some money.

At one time the vehicle to be scrapped had to be a 1995 or older model, but I can't find any reference to that on the current web site. Perhaps the reasoning is that any vehicle worth more than $3250 would likely be sold for the money, and any vehicle worth less than $3250 is probably old enough to be worth taking off the road.

A friend of mine implied I was gaming the system by buying an old car specifically for this purpose, but I pointed out to him that it took that car off the road and prevented it from being sold to and used by someone else, so IMHO it's still in line with the intent of the program. And when I e-mailed the program to ask about the validity of doing this they said it was OK as long as the 6-month insured requirement was met.

I'm in St. Catharines. I just stumbled across the Build & Price page for the Bolt after reading that 3 Bolts had been delivered in Northern California. I had submitted my email address to Chevrolet several months ago so that I could hear all the advance news about the Bolt. So much for that.

I just don't understand GM. Tesla takes nearly 400,000 pre-orders for the Model 3, and GM doesn't even tell you how you can go about telling them you'd like to buy one. Why they don't at least put up a page that would let you express your interest. If they let you put down a deposit it would certainly help them understand the demand and where it is coming from. Dumb asses.

Did you have to go to a "special" dealership? I have assumed that dealers will be certified to sell the Bolt (like other manufacturers are doing with EVs) so I was hoping to hear something from Chevrolet about where I could order. Guess I'll wander into my local dealership and ask about the Bolt. But, I won't be expecting much.

I'm probably going to wait until I can actually drive one before I order. While I've been waiting for an affordable EV, and like what I've seen so far online, buying one sight unseen is not in my DNA. How did you get to be number 12, did you have to put down a deposit or spec an order?

I'm not really in a rush. I can live with waiting until March or whenever they actually start delivering before I order.

You have to be pro-active with your dealer or at least find a dealer that you can be pro-active with when it comes to ordering a BOLT EV; I have had a $500. deposit down for several months now, on the assumption that I will be the first to get one of their BOLT allotment when they are available. A couple of weeks ago I was called in to review the interior/exterior colour selections, option details, etc. This was just preliminary because none of the final prices had been disclosed at that time.

Today, I learned via an email that the choices I made were going to be ordered in their first BOLT order being placed with GM, presumably that will be in the new year when GM Canada begins taking dealer orders..........I still have to finalize the pricing/paperwork prior to the order being submitted and some of the details can be changed at that time.

I have always had a good relationship with the dealer staff, since I purchased my '12 Volt new at the same location. They know I'm a serious EV owner and prospective purchaser of the BOLT EV.

Personally, I don't need a test drive of the BOLT as I have studied the details at length since they were introduced. The same applied when I purchased my new Volt and it has lived up to every expectation I had.

SeanNelson said:
jjr said:

See the BC Scrap-It program website at: https://scrapit.ca/

Thanks for the details!

I agree - I think the 6 month requirement is there so that people won't bother spending the money to have a clunker sit around for 6 months. It would fit perfectly with buying one and using/commuting with it in the interim and then trading it in when the Bolt EV hits our shores!

Placed a deposit and ordered a white premier with both options on dec 17th.
Now let the waiting begins :roll: :roll:

Been trying to contact my local dealership outside of Vancouver and waiting for a reply. I guess that means they don't have any in stock yet :)

Order placed in the Greater Toronto Area! Premier trim and Infotainment option, nightshade grey colour. Now I need to decide on a charging station. I'm considering the "JuiceBox® Pro 40 - Smart 40-Amp EVSE with 24-foot cable": https://emotorwerks.com/store-juicebox-ev-charging-stations/202-juicebox-pro-40-smart-40-amp-evse-with-24-foot-cable/category_pathway-23

If anyone has some other noteworthy charging station suggestions, please let me know!

if u r techy enough and don't need the app function, i would get the openEVSE

Merrick said:
Order placed in the Greater Toronto Area! Premier trim and Infotainment option, nightshade grey colour. Now I need to decide on a charging station. I'm considering the "JuiceBox® Pro 40 - Smart 40-Amp EVSE with 24-foot cable": https://emotorwerks.com/store-juicebox-ev-charging-stations/202-juicebox-pro-40-smart-40-amp-evse-with-24-foot-cable/category_pathway-23

If anyone has some other noteworthy charging station suggestions, please let me know!

boringegg said:
if u r techy enough and don't need the app function, i would get the openEVSE

Sure, if you don't live in Ontario, that's a cool option!

Ontario credits 50% of the EVSE cost back to the purchaser.
Therefore, even though I personally love open source, I'd go retail an get a product listed on the approved list here in Ontario, and likely go more premium than 30 amps, likely 60 amps to future proof.

Hello,

Ordered a Silver Bolt EV Premier (with both options) on Dec. 2 from Reaume Chevy in LaSalle, ON. No updates yet on estimated delivery, but I just confirmed with GM that it has NOT been built yet. FYI the dealer is only 72km from the plant in Orion, MI.

As for the EVSE, I got a ChargePoint Home 32 Amp, 25' cord, Hardwired Station (CPH25-L25) from http://www.autochargers.ca/products/home-chargers/ They were 15% off in December.

Quick update: I just spoke with someone from GM Canada and can confirm that there are 3 Canadian Bolt EV customers who have TPDs of January 16, 2017! Unfortunately I am not one of them, but things are looking good for Q1 delivery...

vladsimi said:
Quick update: I just spoke with someone from GM Canada and can confirm that there are 3 Canadian Bolt EV customers who have TPDs of January 16, 2017! Unfortunately I am not one of them, but things are looking good for Q1 delivery...

That's too bad it isn't you - did they give any idea of what areas of the country those 3 Bolts are headed to?

My Bolt is scheduled to be built between 12 and 16 of January. I'm in Ontario (Brampton area).

Wonder what the expected delivery date will be. Dealer doesn't have an answer on that yet. Any ideas on how long that takes?

Ah - I looked on the build site, but did not see it listed in the standard features.

Back