Anyone able to order the Bolt in NY?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That I do know. However, there have been people who have reported putting down deposits in MD. Supposedly NY and MA are next up to get the Bolt. So I am just wondering if anyone has been able to order one or if any NY dealers have reported getting an allotment yet.

PBD

Of course some dealers would be happy to take deposits but they're worthless. California has only just begun receiving Bolts so it will be some time before other states do. Frankly I am certain GM is waiting for warmer weather before rolling it out to the cold states, because otherwise people in winter will get their cars, realize the range and acceleration are far worse than what they expected, and blame the car. On the other hand if they get the cars when the weather is decent then they'll experience the true range and power of the car, so when winter rolls around they'll realize the reduced performance is just due to it.

CGameProgrammer said:
Of course some dealers would be happy to take deposits but they're worthless. California has only just begun receiving Bolts so it will be some time before other states do. Frankly I am certain GM is waiting for warmer weather before rolling it out to the cold states, because otherwise people in winter will get their cars, realize the range and acceleration are far worse than what they expected, and blame the car. On the other hand if they get the cars when the weather is decent then they'll experience the true range and power of the car, so when winter rolls around they'll realize the reduced performance is just due to it.
Except they are selling the Bolt EV now in Oregon which has plenty of cold weather areas.

My impression is that orders in NY will begin within the next couple of months.

I've contacted a few dealers in the northern greater NYC area, and they seem to think they'll get cars in February. This jives with the "winter 2017" arrival date we are being told.

Specifically, I contacted:
Arroway Chevrolet Cadillac in Mount Kisco, NY
Ingersoll Auto of Pawling, NY
Ingersoll Auto of Danbury, CT

Upstate NY is supposed to get car in the spring. A friend in Buffalo is told to expect his car to arrive in May.

I haven't pushed too hard since I'd just be a "tire-kicker" at this point. I have no intention of putting down a deposit right now, due in a large part to family circumstances (not sure if I can take on a car payment right now).

Great info thanks. It could also pay to be patient since there is supposed to be an state EV tax credit implemented no later than April 1st, 2017.

PBD

I stopped in a Long Island Chevy dealer on Jan 15. I test drove the new Volt and said I would like to test drive the Bolt when it comes in. Saleswoman Donna said she thinks the Bolt will be in late March. The next day she called to say the dealer had three orders taken for the Bolt and could take mine if I was interested. I will wait for the test drive and then decide. I would probably keep the LEAF so would only buy the Bolt when my daughter starts driving.

I've been told that a Long Island dealer is now taking deposits, and a timeline posted elsewhere says orders in January, and cars arrive at dealerships in March, in most of the CARB states.

I was able to order my Bolt today in Syracuse. After I pestered my salesman he found out that Bolt ordering in New York opened up on Monday. Now the wait begins...:)

PBD

PaleBlueDot said:
I was able to order my Bolt today in Syracuse. After I pestered my salesman he found out that Bolt ordering in New York opened up on Monday. Now the wait begins...:)

PBD

Which dealer did you order through? Do they know when they may have demo units available to test drive?

Cool, thanks. I think that's where my buddy got his '13 Volt. I didn't expect anyone to have stock just yet, but I will contact them and see when they might. Given the rollout schedule, I would guess March.

Frankly, I'm pleasantly surprised to hear that Upstate NY is included in the "New York" rollout schedule (orders in January, delivery in March). More often than not, "New York" really means "New York City" (and vicinity).

I can't wait to start seeing these on the roads. My wife probably can, though. As it is, I already point out every EV I see. Tesla, Rav4EV, Leaf, FitEV...

My TRW is 2/13/17, hopefully it will not take as long to ship to Syracuse as it did to ship the initial batch of Bolts to the west coast.

PBD

Put down a deposit . No guarantee as to arrival march? One dealer had 3 cars on order with no orders for them. They told me they were on the way! When I asked what that meant explaining that the Orion facility was not that far away they demured. I found this particular dealer a little bit iffy. NY is a member of ZEV so should see cars earlier than others here's hoping.

Just got my VIN# and was told that the car has entered the shipping process. Hoping that mine arrives in February.

PBD

Awesome! Keep us posted. GM did say "by March", so maybe you'll get it in February. I wouldn't be surprised if that slips to the first week of March or so, though.

Back