National Drive Electric Week

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DucRider

nsjw3Xo.png

https://driveelectricweek.org/

Everyone that frequents these boards should be looking for one to attend.

kZQCtIG.png

If you are new to EV's and looking for information, they are a great way to talk to owners about their experiences and learn the pros and cons of EV's (in general and often specific models). Many events offer test drives from dealers and/or ride and drives by owners.

If you have an EV, it's a great way to share your experiences with the "EV curious", show off your ride and chat with other owners. Most events are happy to just have you show up with your EV, but would also welcome someone that want to volunteer. Events range from a handful of owners to 1000+ vehicles attending.

I personally find it very rewarding to help people understand EV's. Car dealers are terrible places to learn about any vehicles, but it's worse for EV's. NDEW is a well advertised and supported channel to spread the word. Try it this year. You may find it as enjoyable as I do.

If you don't see one near you - start one!
I started my first year about a month before hand, and was able to get a few dozen EV's from owners as well as a handful of dealers to bring cars and do test drives. The second year (2015), our EV owners had over ONE MILLION collective miles logged.
ptXVnHl.jpg

zeL4h9h.jpg

zTEpNWz.jpg

PM me if you have specific questions, and if you are in the Portland, OR area, I can always use volunteers :D

Bumping this post since National Drive Electric Week (NDEW) is almost here!

We were pleasantly surprised to see so many events happening internationally on the event map this year.
Here's the map on the Drive Electric Week website: http://bit.ly/ndewmap

In anticipation for NDEW we're also offering drivers charging credit with a free ChargePoint account: http://bit.ly/2vWN1Dd
and a discount on ChargePoint Home: http://bit.ly/2xHFkTm

Is anyone else here planning to attend one of the local events, or displaying your car at one of the EV tailgates?

Stopped by the National Drive Electric Week event held in Berkeley today. It was pretty low key. Not many cars or presenters there. Sorry didn't take any pics.

There was a Bolt owner there showing his cars to those who were interested. Didn't feel like chatting him up. He had a pretty large group surrounding him when I walked by.

Only about 4-5 cars being shown; several others parked in the area but not open for viewing. There was a Toyota dealer showing a Prius PHEV, a BMW i3, a Tesla S60 and a Tesla X being shown by a guy presenting info on a planning PHEV pickup called the Workshorse W-15. Looks like a Chevy Silverado to me. Only fleet sales right now. Est cost is $52k w/only 80 miles electric range and only 5k towing capacity but, if you're interested, this is their website:

http://www.workhorse.com/pickup

Spent some time talking to the guy because I was interested in comparing the PHEV truck's features against my F250. No comparison really but that's all I found of interest to me there.

I was surprised that there seemed to be so little activity/interest in EVs evident at the Berkeley event. It being Berkeley, I thought it would have made a bigger splash. May stop by another Bay Area event this coming weekend to see if there's more interest/activity there.

Our little town of Yachats, Oregon will have a Drive Electric event on Sept. 17. So far, it looks like we have two Teslas, one Leaf, one electric Fit and one Bolt (mine). Not a big show but such a lovely place is always worth a visit.

We had a pretty good turn out of over 50 cars, plus a couple of electric motorcycles, an electric bus, and a guy who built his own small electric dump truck here in in South Puget Sound.

Attachments

• electriccarshow1.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 10,434
  • electriccarshow4.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 10,434
  • electriccarshow6.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 10,434
marshallinwa said:
We had a pretty good turn out of over 50 cars, plus a couple of electric motorcycles, an electric bus, and a guy who built his own small electric dump truck here in in South Puget Sound.
Always fun to see the variety shows up. We always have a few fun conversions Porsche 911, Datsun pickup, and more), plus some fun past EV's like a Corbin Sparrow, Think City, etc.

We have ONE Bolt owner registered for the Portland event (https://driveelectricweek.org/PortlandOR) as of today. It would be great if we could get some more who are willing to talk about their Bolt. We want people to share their real world experiences. We will have a Bolt on display from Chevy Corporate with someone to talk about it, but owners are generally much more knowledgeable (about the pros and cons).

Step it up folks!

gwfffhW.jpg

We had ours yesterday in Rochester, NY. It was a great turnout, lots of cars showed up and a beautiful fall day, a few families and a very nice ride & drive, which was busy all day. At least 6 bolt owners and a dealer car for the ride and drive.

Attachments

• IMG_20170909_140727987_HDR.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 10,409
  • IMG_20170909_140750382_HDR.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 10,409
  • IMG_20170909_140816473_HDR.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 10,409
Attended the National Drive Electric Week show in Davis this past Sat (9/16) and it was much larger and better attended than the event in Berkeley the week b4.

There were about 6 cars available to test drive, including a Bolt, i3 and Leaf and there were around 10-12 owner cars on display for people to look at, sit in and talk w/the owners about. This included a couple of Bolts, 3 or 4 Teslas, some Leafs and other assorted vehicles.

The cutest thing I saw was a white Tesla S with a white electric kiddie version of the S parked in front of it. The kiddie car cost $400.

Will post a few pics of the event when I get a chance.

Back