Florida Bolt Owners.

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojito5606

I have been a Bolt owner less than a month I live in central Florida. Traveling from Orlando to Miami seems manageable but did not quite make it. The range of the Bolt at 238 from point to point is less than 225 but unfortunately on the Turnpike there is no charge point except a super charging station at rest stops.The only trip I made from Kissimmee to Miami with 3 adult and a child plugs a few bags I estimate I might have gotten 180 if I did not charge. I have approached EVGO and there answer is we are adding new station constantly but could not confirm when or where. There are few Fast chargers alone thighway 95 and Lucky most Chevy dealers allow us to use there charging station for free. Except. Gilbert Chevrolet south of Okeechobee they are the only dealer that wanted to charge me 15.00 for level 2 charging. I think if Chevrolet invest and provides Fast charging to there dealerships and support for the cost of maintaining Chevy will surpass the super charging station by tesla.

I am not sure what the purpose of the post is, except to complain.

We *all* want more, better fast charge stations.

In your particular case, just get off the turnpike and use one of the fast chargers NOT on the turnpike (say, Boca Raton, Pompano Beach, Sunrise, ...). Then you either get back on the turnpike or take I-95 to Miami.

It was not meant to be a complaint Post more just a point as Tesla did not depend on other companies for there charging network.

mojito5606 said:
I have approached EVGO and there answer is we are adding new station constantly but could not confirm when or where.

My recommendation? Use this form to contact EVGo. They are actively seeking suggestions for locations. So tell them. Even better would be if multiple Florida Bolt owners agreed on good locations, and all submitted similar requests. If EVGo is taking this seriously, then seeing a larger group of people requesting a location should get their attention.

https://www.evgo.com/fast-charger-location/

GetOffYourGas said:
mojito5606 said:
I have approached EVGO and there answer is we are adding new station constantly but could not confirm when or where.

My recommendation? Use this form to contact EVGo. They are actively seeking suggestions for locations. So tell them. Even better would be if multiple Florida Bolt owners agreed on good locations, and all submitted similar requests. If EVGo is taking this seriously, then seeing a larger group of people requesting a location should get their attention.

https://www.evgo.com/fast-charger-location/

Excellent suggestion! Be pro-active, give (what can be regarded as) positive feedback ("we need MORE of your fast chargers, especially at ...").

Looking at PlugShare, a *single* location (with 2- or 4- charging stations) at/around Fort Pierce or Port St Lucie would be THE stop for Miami-Orlando and Miami-Tampa routes. They'd get most of the 'local' fast charging, as well as a bunch of the (non-Tesla) long distance travelers, opening up the lower peninsula for EVs (there's currently not much "in the middle" to make E-W, and "Orlando to the south" trips easy). If they were willing to forego an Urban installation and put it smack ON the turnpike, then around Yeehaw Junction would be perfect.

Another 4-stall station near Lakeville would make a lot of the entire western shore EV-friendly.

Basically, most of the DCFCs in FL are centered in (and near) LARGE population centers and not very convenient for long distance travelers. Anybody smart enough to put in fast charge centers NOW will have an open market, as there really aren't many multi-unit, inter-city fast chargers anywhere in the state (well, except for superchargers, of course).

Yes, thank you for your input, I believe as a minority ev owner we should be courteous toward each other I know when I go to a charging station I do leave a message how long I will be charging on the Plug share App. I notice after I left that message the next person did like wise. One person mention that after he is done charging feel free to disconnect.

Great new Info. Duke electric is expanding chargers through Florida. Read link.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/duke-energy-florida-launches-park-and-plug-ev-charging-station-pilot-to-encourage-clean-transportation-300723728.html

Back