Does the state you live in count the federal ev credit as income?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funboyroberted

Anyone else run into this problem? It seems that the state of Oregon is counting the federal ev credit as income.. as soon as I added the ev credit into my federal return. I went from a state return, to a deficit.. or perhaps is turbo tax just not up to date with this. Anyone have a solid answer?..

Are you (or you tax S/W) asking for "Charge Ahead" money? (which is income-limited). That might some have an effect.

Is there "alternative minimum tax" in the state of Oregon?

Look at the actual sheets that will be filed ("print to PDF", then look at the PDF file) in both cases - you should be able to see the differences on the forms, and thus why (and where) the issue is.

In New York, federal taxes paid are deductible on the state taxes. The $7500 credit counts as $7500 less in federal taxes paid. Therefore, it becomes taxable income again.

Maybe this is what you are seeing in Oregon?

And there it is... paying less federal increases my state bottom line... it’s amazing how they work together to make sure you get screwed by at least one government entity.. it’s like paying protection money to two crime families. All the same, thank you for pointing my eyes in the right direction.

Back