A HOLDEN BOLT IS POSSIBLE – CHEVROLET CONFIRMS RIGHT-HAND DRIVE POTENTIAL

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diggle

Since Chevy Bolt forum doesn't have any article on Holden Bolt, posting an old one.

The Chevy Bolt differs in one very important way to the Chevy Volt. Unlike the Volt, with its small ‘back-up motor’, the Bolt is purely electric and represents Chevrolet’s first ground up, long range electric car.
Integrate Expo
The Chevy Bolt differs in one very important way to the Chevy Volt. Unlike the Volt, with its small ‘back-up motor’, the Bolt is purely electric and represents Chevrolet’s first ground up, long range electric car.

SAM_5778

Recently promoted Managing Director of Design, Stuart Norris, was on hand at CES 2016 proudly showing off his baby to engineers from other makes as they meet together in Las Vegas for CES.

Norris has said that GM supplied his team with a blank canvas when designing the Bolt. In the flesh the little bolt looks great and has a touch of Mazda 2 meets Lexus RX with short overhangs and a distinctive C pillar treatment.
With a range said to be over 300 k’s, five seats and a bigger boot than a BMW i3 this little Chevy makes a compelling case as a city/commuter car.

Still, with the optional 240 volt home charger taking about 9 hours to recharge until recharging stations become more widespread (commuter carparks, for example) perhaps the Volt is a better proposition for some.
http://eftm.com.au/2016/01/a-holden...let-confirms-right-hand-drive-potential-24852

I get confused because a lot of articles I read say that North American cars cannot break into other continent or countries yet here we see the Chevy Bolt doing just that and other forums I'm on we see those other vehicles being able to break into other countries rather than just North American

Well, the Nissan Leaf is sold all over the world... The Bolt SHOULD be sold worldwide to take advantage of an open market, which will also increase their (Chevy's) interest in making the car mainstream.

I always hate it when car companies put out TOKEN products that they don't even want just to get some credits with government regulations and subsidies ..

Back