Two Broken Records? Cannonball Run and Mileage in 24hrs.

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLondonBroiler

On Thursday 11/21/19, I left Tucumcari, NM at 6am local time. I drove to the Portofino Hotel & Marina, arriving at 4am local time on Friday 11/22/19, then proceeded to the Electrify America Charging station @ Del Amo Fashion Center. My total miles traveled in those 24 hours, 1,033.6 miles.

U6UcYbq.jpg

This was part of the CannonBall Run I had been desiring to do. I started it at the Red Ball Garage in NYC at 12:01am EST on Tuesday 11/19/19 and arrived at the Portofino Hotel & Marina at 4:00am PST on Friday 11/22/19, for a total time of 78 hours and 59 minutes.

https://youtu.be/_pOFHb9o6Oo

Well, have I broken any records? I know two Teslas have done it faster, but have any non-Tesla EVs done it? This was possible due to the Electrify America charging network, which works very well when activation is done with the mobile app, but horribly when trying to use a credit card (the app requires a "newer" OS, which led me to acquire a new device, solely for this purpose).

I hope if nothing else, this has inspired or entertained someone :)

Very cool. Did you only sleep while charging?

[BTW, I got here because your post got linked over on chevybolt.org (which I think is the more active forum of the two). I'm a member of both, but rarely stop by here.]

Vertiformed said:
Very cool. Did you only sleep while charging?

[BTW, I got here because your post got linked over on chevybolt.org (which I think is the more active forum of the two). I'm a member of both, but rarely stop by here.]

Correct you are. I generally charged on 220 while sleeping. Unfortunately the Bolt cuts off after two hours of inactivity, so utilizing climate controls will require waking up every two hours. I thought about testing it by leaving it in neutral with the park brake set, but feared bumping the shifter in my sleep, lol.

:eek:
paulgipe said:
Impressive! My butt hurts just thinking about it. ;)

Paul

AND back. lol. Apparently my body and the drivers seat have come to some mutual agreement. I did 800 miles and change yesterday, from Bakersfield, CA to Moab, UT, and am almost to Denver now. I'm headed to pick up tire chains...

Back