Welcome to the Chevrolet Bolt EV Forum!

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mybolt

Welcome, we're glad you stopped by the forum!

Please take a minute to let us know where you're from.
Here are some other Bolt EV subjects you may want to voice your opinions on:

1. Will the Bolt actually make it to market by late 2016, or early 2017, and if so, will it beat the Tesla Model E by enough to steal a large chunk of the market?

2. Will the 200+ mile rating be EPA ratings, or best case scenario?

3. Do you own another EV? Are you a Volt owner who is now considering holding off on the 2016 Volt and instead getting a 2017 Bolt EV?

Register for the Bolt Forum and let us know what you think!

Happy to be here on the Bolt Forum! I'm very excited to see this make it to production, although the production Bolt EV likely won't have a glass roof or the flush pop-out door handles.

Some bean counter will remove them for the production version...

Hi! Glad to on Chevrolet Bolt EV Forum. Greta questions by the way! Well, I don't know, I think it's not coming out until 2017? I'll get back to the rest of your questions after I read up some more on Chevy Bolt.

Oh, I didn't see there was already a welcome thread to Chevy bolt ev forum so went ahead and made a 'hello' post of my own!

I think Chevy Bolt is gonna take away a lot of customers from Tesla Model E.

admin said:
Welcome, we're glad you stopped by the forum!

Please take a minute to let us know where you're from.
Here are some other Bolt EV subjects you may want to voice your opinions on:

1. Will the Bolt actually make it to market by late 2016, or early 2017, and if so, will it beat the Tesla Model E by enough to steal a large chunk of the market?

2. Will the 200+ mile rating be EPA ratings, or best case scenario?

3. Do you own another EV? Are you a Volt owner who is now considering holding off on the 2016 Volt and instead getting a 2017 Bolt EV?

Register for the Bolt Forum and let us know what you think!

I didn't see this thread until it was recently bumped. I'm in Syracuse, NY. I'm here to learn as much about the Bolt as possible. I don't need to upgrade, but my next car will be a long range EV that will hopefully last me 10+ trouble-free years.

Here's my opinion:

1) GM has already started pre-production of the Bolt. We will see it in CA at the very least starting around October 2016. I would be surprised if it isn't in NY by the end of 2016. It will be nationwide by the end of Q1 2017. I don't think it will really steal many Model III customers. In fact, many people may lease/buy a Bolt to hold them over until they can get a Model III. I expect many lessees will turn in their Bolt and pick up a Model III. Much more than those who will buy a Bolt instead of a Model III.

2) The EPA rating will be greater than 200 miles. With a 60kWh battery, it would be hard not to hit that. Highway range will be less.

3) I drive a 2012 Leaf and my wife drives a 2015 CMax Energi. We like the Volt, but it's too small for a family car. The CMax is considerably larger. I'm hoping to replace the Leaf with a 200+ mile EV within a few years. The Leaf still works great though, so no particular rush. Just waiting for the right EV to come along. The Bolt may or may not be that EV.

Never saw this thread! Hi! I'm new hear and thanks for the welcome to Chevrolet Bolt EV Forum.

Hi, I'm looking for regional dealership information on Chevy Bolt EV. Do you think I can find them on Chevy Bolt forum?

MINK said:
Hi, I'm looking for regional dealership information on Chevy Bolt EV. Do you think I can find them on Chevy Bolt forum?
What exactly are you looking for?

You can find a list of dealers near you on the http://www.chevrolet.com website. The advanced search function does not (yet) let you filter for Bolt dealers, but you can put in the Volt and that will give you a good starting point.

DucRider said:
MINK said:
What exactly are you looking for?

You can find a list of dealers near you on the http://www.chevrolet.com website. The advanced search function does not (yet) let you filter for Bolt dealers, but you can put in the Volt and that will give you a good starting point.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll follow it. :)

New members in Chevrolet Bolt forum! Welcome guys! Look forward to reading your opinions.

My introduction to electric cars was a co-worker with a conversion in 1995. Lead acid batteries. 30 mile range.

I've been interested in EVs ever since, and own a Nissan Leaf SL 2014.

I'm an engineer, designing electronics both for fun and for a living.

Live near Seattle, where it is often wet. A wet EV is a common sight.

While I'd like more range, I'm fairly happy with the Leaf. The Bolt is the first of several cars with enough more range to be interesting. Looks nice, I'm looking forward to at least test driving a Bolt.

WetEV said:
My introduction to electric cars was a co-worker with a conversion in 1995. Lead acid batteries. 30 mile range.

I've been interested in EVs ever since, and own a Nissan Leaf SL 2014.

I'm an engineer, designing electronics both for fun and for a living.

Live near Seattle, where it is often wet. A wet EV is a common sight.

While I'd like more range, I'm fairly happy with the Leaf. The Bolt is the first of several cars with enough more range to be interesting. Looks nice, I'm looking forward to at least test driving a Bolt.

Welcome to the Bolt forum, WetEV! It's good to see more familiar "faces" from the Leaf forum.

Thanks for the kind welcome! I've had my 2012 LEAF almost 5 years and have enjoyed it and the EV experience greatly. Still like my purchased LEAF and only look to replace it for a longer-range EV, hence my interest in the Bolt. I'm thinking that a replacement for me, though possible today, is more likely in two more model years (2018?) and would include a face-off among the LEAF 2.0+, the Model 3, and the Bolt 1.5+. Given my satisfaction with the LEAF and its features, the LEAF 2.0+ may be the one the other two have to beat.

That all said, I find this forum fascinating and I hope to contribute where possible.

Back