Everyone is picking up the Bolt EV production story...

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmvoltguy

Even CBS News and other non-vehicle specific news outlets!

News leaked out late last week that GM plans to use the Chicago Auto Show to announce that it will build the Chevrolet Bolt electric car at the Orion Assembly Plant, in Oakland Country.

“The Bolt is expected to be based on the same architecture as the (Chevy) Sonic,” said LMC Automotive analyst Jeff Schuster. “Which is why Orion is an ideal location.”

The Bolt is expected to have a 200 mile range, and sell for around $30,000 dollars, with government credits. That would make it competitive with an upcoming mass market model from Tesla.

Apparently the Chicago Auto Show is expected to attract around 1 million people!

If I wasn't so excited about the GM Bolt electric vehicle myself, (first of all I wouldn't be on this Chevy Bolt Forum!) it would almost be ridiculous :)

Check out this article. It's a press release by a Chevrolet dealership, talking about how excited they are to get the Bolt on their lot in the next 2 to 3 years - and the vehicle isn't even officially scheduled for production!

Interesting part from the article:
There have already been people contacting the dealership inquiring about the 2016 Chevy Bolt in Naperville, IL, despite the fact the car won't arrive to the dealership for about a year.

There's already people trying to order the Bolt EV?

http://enterpriseapps.itbusinessnet.com/article/Naperville-dealership-excited-and-ready-for-new-Chevy-EV-3743234

Back