Will the production Bolt look like the concept version?!?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmvoltguy

Remember what GM did with the awesome Volt concept car? How they made it into a frumpy sedan? I hope that the Bolt still looks like this when it's ready for production! I like it a lot!

Perhaps partially because I think orange is an awesome color :)

Chevrolet-Bolt-Electric-Vehicle-concept-rear-view-1024x682.jpg

I like the Bolt too...
Not a fan of the fake grills on electric cars...
I would probablyl own a Volt if they looked like the concept...

There's nothing about this car that isn't already set for production - it's not near as 'concepty' as the Volt concept was.

Obviously the white floor mats won't make it to production (so practical!) as well as the white seats and dash. (Nissan did have very light seats in the LEAF originally) Probably the glass roof and the Tesla recessed door handles won't make it to production.

The more I look at the Bolt electric vehicle, the more I like it. I like the front bumper much better than the i3. I could see most of this concept making it to market.

For a tall person like me, I would love the flat floor and no center console.

I hope they use a flatter smoother wheel - and they likely will if any of the other EVs currently on sale are any indication... it's cheaper than adding more battery!

Even if there's nothing real ground-breaking or 'pushing the envelope' in the way the Bolt looks, doesn't mean it will keep it from selling.

Think of the Toyota Camry, it's been the best selling passenger car in the US for 10 years, and it hasn't had anything revolutionary for at least that long!

Tooling has already been ordered, but I don't know that it means much.

No one cares until they can see what vehicle they will be getting when it's for sale, in 2017.

There are lots of unresolved problems with the prototype, like the glass roof, Model S door handles, all white interior (with 4 seats) and no DC quick charge option.

I think it's too many changes for a 2016 launch, but I'm hopeful for 2017

I hope they make it bigger. Kind of like the chevy trailblazer had a regular and a stretch version with more cargo.

gmvoltguy said:
Remember what GM did with the awesome Volt concept car? How they made it into a frumpy sedan? I hope that the Bolt still looks like this when it's ready for production! I like it a lot!

Perhaps partially because I think orange is an awesome color :)

Chevrolet-Bolt-Electric-Vehicle-concept-rear-view-1024x682.jpg

I don't think Bolt EV is being offered in orange color but the shape is somewhat similar.

I've seen a few pictures in the Chevy Bolt forum but it doesn't look like the concept version. Then again, concept versions are always better than the final product.

Here are the re-sized pics.

Attachments

• Chevy Bolt 2018 (2016-05-17) (1).jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 9,770
  • Chevy Bolt 2018 (2016-05-17) (3).jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 9,770
  • Chevy Bolt 2018 (2016-05-17) (4).jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 9,770
Well that GM employee also owns a Mazda 3, so given the employee discount, they must have not liked the Malibu or Sonic. And it appears there's no charger at their home, looks like they are using the built in charging cord, possibly with an extension cord to get it that far into the front lawn. You'd think they'd select an employee who actually had a normal EV charging setup like most of us. Dragging cords across your lawn is a sure fire way to not "get" the convenience of a 5 second park + plug and shut garage experience which makes owning and "fueling" an EV so much better than driving on gas.

SmartElectric said:
Well that GM employee also owns a Mazda 3, so given the employee discount, they must have not liked the Malibu or Sonic. And it appears there's no charger at their home, looks like they are using the built in charging cord, possibly with an extension cord to get it that far into the front lawn. You'd think they'd select an employee who actually had a normal EV charging setup like most of us. Dragging cords across your lawn is a sure fire way to not "get" the convenience of a 5 second park + plug and shut garage experience which makes owning and "fueling" an EV so much better than driving on gas.

I would assume that they are just going to poll the employee on reliability, driving experience, not on the at-home charging experience but I could be wrong.

The pics of the White Bolt on San Francisco roads is curious - why would they disguise the headlights and taillights if they've already released the production version? Makes me wonder if they are just trying to confuse people, or if they actually are changing them from the images revealed months ago of the pre-production version.

robbs said:
SmartElectric said:

I would assume that they are just going to poll the employee on reliability, driving experience, not on the at-home charging experience but I could be wrong.

I would love to talk to that driver about his/her impressions. The Mazda3 is a fun little car, and a decent benchmark IMHO.

Back