Canadian Buyers in Ontario, Quebec & B.C. will be happy!

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbepic

This notification just came to my attention, although was dated December 9th.

http://media.gm.ca/media/ca/en/gm/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/ca/en/2016/Dec/1209_Bolt-EV.html

Appears the Canadian version of the BOLT EV is closer than we could have expected.

Tessy said:
Excellent!!!

You wouldn't happen to be a Russian lady would you?

I was just reading your one word response and then an ad came up on the bottom of my screen "Meet Russian woman online".........ha, ha!

How come you get all the good ads? :)

Where in Canada are you? I'm in the Vancouver area and early 2017 would be great. I'm hoping they will have a test drive of the Bolt at the Vancouver Auto Show - I seem to remember it being in mid January.

It was about 2 months from orders to deliveries in the US, so I'm assuming this means Bolts should start showing up in those Canadian markets by early March.

I'm in the Toronto area.........just east of Toronto.

I've been in touch with my dealer and found that they now have all the pricing needed to finalize the order; I have a meeting with them next week and expect to put my signature on an order that they have already in 'que' but changes can be made at this point. I know they will get an 'allotment' of Bolts but the question is how soon this particular car will arrive.

Because of the current winter weather situation in S. Ontario, I'm inclined to be very patient and not rush the delivery at all............as if I had any choice on that............basically hope it waits until at least April before it arrives.

I don't want to say where this is in case it comes back to bite me in the ass but a BC dealer/salesman told me of an internal communique that they'll be getting some Bolts by the end of the month or within a month and that all but one of them are spoken for/deposited, he may have just been trying to hook me into a down payment though but it's refundable so I'm inclined to believe him. I may do it just to get a chance to test drive one a bit sooner then I planned even if it ends up being horse shit.

mbepic said:
Tessy said:
Excellent!!!

You wouldn't happen to be a Russian lady would you?

I was just reading your one word response and then an ad came up on the bottom of my screen "Meet Russian woman online".........ha, ha!

hahaha :lol: Funny thing is my grandparents are Russian - I however am not a Russian woman to meet online! Everyone is really sensitive about people who only write one word answers or don't have a wealth of interesting info to post. Some of us just come on here to pass some time and read about a topic we may not know a lot about. We cross our fingers and hope we can contribute sometimes and sometimes cash in on the other posts that suit our needs.

You know you can block users and unfollow users on these forums. Instead of being paranoid about who is being paid or not just unfollow that user - problem solved - you never have to read or follow them. I have done it to a few people who are oddly emotionally attached to the forums. They are negative and argumentative. Not my style so I make sure I don't have to see their posts - easy as pie :lol:

Canadian buyers, first Bolt has arrived yesterday!

https://electrek.co/2017/01/27/chevy-bolt-ev-arrives-in-canada-first-delivery-in-quebec-new-zev-market/

genetik said:
Canadian buyers, first Bolt has arrived yesterday!

https://electrek.co/2017/01/27/chevy-bolt-ev-arrives-in-canada-first-delivery-in-quebec-new-zev-market/

I could have bought a white one in Mississauga on Weds to pick up on Sat, i declined as they wanted to test drive it several days. first bolt landed on Weds from what I know confirmed.

Any other Canadian Bolt deliveries made since the Quebec first and the Mississauga one delivered; Canadian Bolt owners please chirp in!

New to the forum as a member but have used it as my main research tool before buying my Bolt LT with comfort and convenience package in Vancouver, BC, Canada. I received the car on March 14th, though it was actually available for pickup from the dealer Feb 26th (I was out of country hence the wait). It was the first delivered to the dealership (Eagle Ridge GM, Coquitlam, who were fantastic !) and they had just received a second on March 12th/13th. They said they have more pre-orders than cars expected this year already, which they believe will be around 15.
Love the car overall, (and can live with the seats until I find a suitable cushion for the base).
I also have a new 2016 Kia Soul EV that I purchased 6 weeks ago. This is also an excellent car for to and from work, and buzz around. It was a can't refuse deal and will do everything we need range wise for a "run around" and "commuter car".
Loving no more gas stations, the $8000 I will save on gas each year (not to mention the maintenance costs), and the serene driving experience.

Interesting story.
After lots of research (and lots of reading this forum), I was pretty sure that I would want a Bolt in the near future. Specifically a white LT with convenience package. We already had recently purchased a Soul EV and were loving that.
I called the dealership to enquire about delivery dates on January 25th. I was sat waiting for a ferry and had some time to kill. I just happened to be put through to a sales guy who had just been speaking with the main manager. I told him exactly what model and colour I was interested in. The first two bolts had been ordered and reserved for some Provincial agency a good while ago (I can't remember which) but they had just called prior to my phonecall and canceled one. The two cars were expected mid February. The canceled one was my exact car request. Nobody else at that point had put a deposit on a car at the dealership (at least not a white LT). I asked if a gave a deposit over the phone would that put me at the front of the line. The sales guy consulted the manager and quickly called me back to say yes. I immediately gave a deposit over the phone subject to test drive (I mentioned the seat concerns specifically with me not being a small guy) and that my 6'2" son had fit in the back. I promised that if the seat wasn't a deal killer and my son fit, I would do the deal.
Fast forward to 10 days ago. The test drive was great, the driver's seat was not great but not so bad that it broke the deal, myself and my wife loved the car overall, my son had ample knee and leg room behind me in the driver's seat (I'm 6'2" and 220lbs) and we did the deal straight away.
Pure luck timing, but I was also prepared to buck up over the phone without hesitation, trusting the dealership would stand by the test drive provisos. They were good to their word, and so was I.

Dueck on Marine has a test BOLT available, an LT edition. I presume it might be at Auto Show this weekend here in Vancouver.
I have one on order that should arrive within the next week, a Premier model. I am trying to decide if I want to proceed with order or let it go, I test drove the test car yesterday - love the seating position, front legroom, and torque.
But still expensive for a 2nd car and that is all it can be without the quick charge feature, but still would be a perfect car for Vancouver and you could even commute from Hope or Whistler. My other negatives are the stiff ride (Vancouver's streets are in horrendous condition) the lack of radar cruise control which I consider essential on any modern car, the old fashion kind is useless on today's crowded interstates in the US.
So am going to sleep on it and who knows, maybe there will a red Bolt available by Wednesday:)

shbldr said:
Dueck on Marine has a test BOLT available, an LT edition. I presume it might be at Auto Show this weekend here in Vancouver.
HA! So much for the salesman there contacting me when a demo shows up. I'm really glad to hear this and I want you to know how much I appreciate your passing this info along!

I'll be going to the auto show tomorrow and I'll take my 5-minute test drive there - but I don't expect to learn any more than I did when I drove down to Portland at the end of January to check it out at the auto show there. What I really want is a longer test drive so that I can assess the seat comfort. I guess I'll contact Dueck next week once the auto show is over to see if they can accommodate me.

I ordered my Bolt from Dueck on Marine as well. The one available to test drive is the owners personal bolt. My sales rep talked to the owner & asked if we could take it for a burn. Thought that was nice of them to do that.

Back