leodoggie

The seats are a deal killer.

Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:35 pm

After four test drives, two in the Premier and two in the LT, in our opinion, especially my lady's ( who will be the principal driver ) the seats are not just uncomfortable but painful after about twenty minutes.
This is obviously a very subjective opinion but we will be waiting for a redesign or a better EV whichever comes first.

EldRick

Re: The seats are a deal killer.

Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:36 pm

Cool! Are you in Portland? Can I have your Bolt?

bro19991

Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:36 am

Not even considering 3rd party options?
LiBa Seat Cushion 5" Memory Foam Supported Comfortable Durable Chair Home Office Car Sciatica Prostate Hemorrhoid Low Back Pain Tailbone Coccyx Titanium Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013W2W4Q0/re ... Eyb40KB3NT

Zoomit

Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:10 am

bro19991 wrote:Not even considering 3rd party options?
LiBa Seat Cushion 5" Memory Foam Supported Comfortable Durable Chair Home Office Car Sciatica Prostate Hemorrhoid Low Back Pain Tailbone Coccyx Titanium Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013W2W4Q0/re ... Eyb40KB3NT

I'm not sure if you're serious or joking. Since I'm laughing, I'll consider it a joke.
2017 Bolt EV LT
2018 Model 3 LRD

Dreaderus

Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:19 am

Lol I don't think I've ever had seats decide a car for me

leodoggie

Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:37 am

In my opinion it is crazy to spend $40,000 on a car and immediately have to toss the seats and put new ones in. Seat enhancements will not cure the fundamental problems that these seats have, replacement is the only solution. The back side of the seat is only fourteen inches wide, that is two inches narrower than average seats.
Also my lady is six feet and one fifty, so if she is uncomfortable the vast majority of people are going to be.
I am putting this out there for discussion and also to make people aware that there is a potential problem here.
I guess I am not in the group of must have it any cost and over look defects.
If you disagree with my position it is your prerogative.

Dreaderus

Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:40 am

I have just been in my cars and never fled out of one due to this.

bro19991

Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:47 am

Zoomit wrote:
bro19991 wrote:Not even considering 3rd party options?

I'm not sure if you're serious or joking. Since I'm laughing, I'll consider it a joke.

Whoops, linked totally the wrong one. Lol
CONFORMAX "COCOON OF COMFORT" GEL CAR CUSHION COMBO SET- AIRMAX https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0155CK3P4/re ... EybRMW2GZP

Add a seat cover, and back in business?

leodoggie

Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:02 am

My lady is vey appreciative of all your thoughtful suggestions, but band aids don't always fix a problem.

iletric

Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:29 am

The seats are not the only problem with this car.

Burner flip phones may not connect to the car's Bluetooth, for example. We had to get another phone to connect (not everyone has a smart phone in this world).

And then there is that drum-tight suspension that makes the car hop incessantly on older American freeways. I like to describe the feeling as riding shotgun in a tow truck.

And lastly that infotainment operation requiring too many clicks on a Batman-suit-rubber buttons you cannot distinguish by touch. It's unsafe to take your eyes off the road for so many seconds just to find them in order to advance to the next music folder, FM or XM. Compared to the ease of doing it in the Soul EV, the setup is half-baked to say the least.

All taken together, all those national rewards scream "rigged" or simply represent lack of other choices. Or it could be just Bolt's novelty.

Bolt's only claim to fame, as far as I'm concerned, is the range and a precious few things. Sorry Ms. Barra. Your baby needs work.

Return to “News and Main Chevy Bolt EV Forum”