How many miles have you logged so far.

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to log in to it to find out. 1546 miles since March. 6 were before I got her.

ilectric, it's almost time for your tire rotation/oil change!

OnStar says 394 total, 182 today. 33 were on it when I drove it off the lot. 3 of that was my test drive. :geek:

https://www.voltstats.net/BoltEV/Stats/Details/9509

I'm no longer dead last on VoltStats! :mrgreen:

34046178762_abcc9ce494_c.jpg

gbobman said:
ilectric, it's almost time for your tire rotation/oil change!
No kidding.

That's what happens when my millenial kid bums the family car. I'm stuck in my beloved 92 Accord ICE!

Just 1700 miles in 2 1/2 months or about 700 miles/month or 8400/year. No worries about the 10k miles/yr lease limitation. ;)

While that sounds extremely low (which it is), I also have 4 other cars and a truck and put about 2-3k miles on each of those. So, my total drive miles combined is about 20k a year, which still isn't all that much but if I had only one vehicle that I drove that much, it would be probably be considered on the high side.

ptititoi said:
14 000 miles in 6 months without any problem yet....

Wow, really?

I've only driven 3300 miles (or 660 miles/month) in my Bolt in 5 months, well below the 833/mo (10k/year) mileage allowance but, then again, I have 4 other vehicles available to drive and the total miles driven in all of them together doesn't much exceed 15k miles/yr to begin with.

15,300. My kid is killing it.
Also: he told me today that his rear seat passengers get dizzy and/or nauseated. Car has sub-par fahrvergnügen.

I have decided I will pay over-mileage and return the car after 3 years. And I don't think I'm going back to Chevy after that. Looking forward to plethora of other offerings (other than TM3) by then.

A little over 4,200 km. Free charger down town so only charge at home from 80 percent charge. Regular in town driving got 482 km on a charge...went into conservation mode. Highway and mountain driving she got 425 + km with no climate use. "Hyper miling" right now 181 used 355 mid range remaining. I know winter will be a different story but this is one sweet summer machine....if you leave the climate off. Use that L...but the screech of those tires is a huge temptation.

ArthurL said:
A little over 4,200 km. Free charger down town so only charge at home from 80 percent charge. Regular in town driving got 482 km on a charge...went into conservation mode. Highway and mountain driving she got 425 + km with no climate use. "Hyper miling" right now 181 used 355 mid range remaining. I know winter will be a different story but this is one sweet summer machine....if you leave the climate off. Use that L...but the screech of those tires is a huge temptation.
If you have those seat heaters, just add a long sleeve something-or-other to wear while driving and you won't need to use the cabin heater. I doubt you'll take much of a battery hit with that. Although it will probably be something you would already be wearing at that time of year.

I thought it rather comfortable with just seat heaters last winter.

ArthurL said:
Regular in town driving got 482 km on a charge...went into conservation mode.
Just so you know: sure long distance covered on a single charge gives you bragging rights.

But it is what will eventually kill your battery.

We've been at this (EVs) since 2011 Leaf 1, and after all these years I have finally figured out that it is those deep discharges and recharges that cause loss of range down the road, pun intended. I'm hoping yours is a lease because after 40,000 miles your Bolt will no longer be a 230+ mile car, but more like 200.

Purchased my car June 9th and already have 4,981 miles on it.

The best part is I haven't had to pay once to charge it. A local business lets me top up on their level 2's which is 2 miles from my house and I have charging stations at work. There is even a free DC fast charge nearby if I need a quick top up. This was my main reason for buying this car since it is 120 miles round trip for me to work.

Absolutely loving my car!

https://www.voltstats.net/BoltEV/Stats/Details/9837

iletric said:
ArthurL said:
Regular in town driving got 482 km on a charge...went into conservation mode.
Just so you know: sure long distance covered on a single charge gives you bragging rights.

But it is what will eventually kill your battery.

We've been at this (EVs) since 2011 Leaf 1, and after all these years I have finally figured out that it is those deep discharges and recharges that cause loss of range down the road, pun intended. I'm hoping yours is a lease because after 40,000 miles your Bolt will no longer be a 230+ mile car, but more like 200.

Your anecdotal experience with the Leaf has zero bearing on what the Bolt's battery life will be under various usage conditions.

The beauty of a 60kWh battery is you will be deep discharging /recharging it 1/3rd as often as a small Leaf/Spark/500e size battery.

But if you want to treat your 238 mile Bolt like a 150 mile Bolt so someday it will have 215 miles of range (that you still won't use) instead of 200 miles of range, have at it.

2624 since May 19th, including a trip from Long Island to Cape Cod. Putting more miles than expected. Have a 10k yr lease.

sparkyps said:
But if you want to treat your 238 mile Bolt like a 150 mile Bolt so someday it will have 215 miles of range (that you still won't use) instead of 200 miles of range, have at it.
Basically we charge it full every night irregardless of miles driven to protect the range longevity.

Of course if we have to drive 200 miles on a given day we will. The idea is to keep it as full as possible, not compromise our driving needs.

Back