flamaest

Re: BOLT SEAT ISSUE - DATA COLLECTION & REPORT HERE

Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:36 am

gpsman wrote:As the "mystery" of the seats deepens, I was lucky enough that my dealer had two side by side I could sit in.

Both had heated seats.
One had the cloth.
One had the leather.

BIG difference. So big I photographed it for you all.

The cloth were MUCH firmer and had MUCH more padding. The thicker padding kept my butt and thighs off the plastic sides.

The leather was softer and thinner and compressed much more- kind of like letting the air out of an air mattress when I sat in them. Eventually, my thighs would hit the plastic sides.

I am 5-9 and 210 pounds, 36" waist.
I thought the difference was dramatic.

IMG_0494.JPG

IMG_0493.JPG

Wow, these images explain a lot. Feel sorry for the people with leather. I have cloth seats and they still suck.

jmatero

Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:40 am

Want to replace my i3 with a Bolt but the ONLY thing holding me back is the drivers seat. Every car (cloth and leather) on the lot felt the same EXCEPT the Premiere in the showroom. Could something "were in" over time? even the dealer said it's the biggest complaint during test drives. So disappointed.

Knit

Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:40 am

Earlier in this thread I drove an LT and had problems with the driver seat. I just drove (and purchased) a premier and the seat width issue is only very slightly there. I was able to find acceptable positions where my read did not touch hard plastic in the driver seat on the left hand side.

gpsman

Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:28 am

I was in the car for 200 continuous miles.
Surpisingly, I had no complaints.

Starting to think there is a "break-in" period for both the seats and driver's butt.

I'm changing my recommendation from buyer beware, to give it a few weeks. I know, hard to get a several week test drive.

But the more time I spend in the seat: the better itb feels to me.

DaveInAvl

Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:58 am

gpsman wrote:Starting to think there is a "break-in" period for both the seats and driver's butt.

That was my experience with my '14 LEAF, which I'm now turning in at end-of-lease. NC is in the final group of states to get the Bolt, so we're back to one car for a while...

boltage

Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:11 am

The owner's manual says that the front seat head restraints are not (supposed to be) removable.

Presumably, they are made that way so that the occupants' heads are close to the head restraint, which reduces the risk of injury if a rear end crash occurs. However, some whose heads are more back relative to their backs may find them uncomfortable.

gpsman

Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:59 am

EldRick wrote:For me (5'9, 145lbs.) the seats are excellent and very sporty, aside from the horrid front headrests, which push my head forward and give me a serious stiff neck.
I can't figure out how to detach them from the seats to straighten them up a few degrees - there is no apparent way to slide them up and out like other cars.

THEY ARE REMOVABLE just not as apparent.
Got mine off in less than 5 minutes.
Investigate and look closely. No special tools required. Think of it like a child proof medicine cap where you have to squeeze and pull at the same time.

If you can't figure it out, post and I will go out and take photos. At first I too thought it would be difficult. It's not once you figure the trick. I had to take mine off to cover my LT seats with faux leather and it was easy.

iletric

Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:51 am

Social media savvy people.

Mary Barra/GM will do nothing until we mount a media campaign so effective that GM will feel it. Let everyone know, NOT to buy Bolt because of its seats.

That is the only way to get the GM behemoth and Mary to take notice and actually look down from her ivory tower and order recall/replacement of these disaster seats. The last thing GM wants is BAD PUBLICITY about their Bolt baby.

We have heard enough. The seats are trash. They hurt people's backs and butts.

I challenge you to start your campaign. TODAY!

iletric

Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:41 pm

GM needs to do what United did:

1- Apologize
2- Fix the problem
Last edited by iletric on Mon May 01, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DoninLAlaland

Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:17 pm

I agree that Chevy needs to apologize and fix the problem.

Return to “News and Main Chevy Bolt EV Forum”