System responsiveness in hot climate?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flamaest

Quick note that it was almost a hundred degrees where I live in California today. I drove my bolt around town and a little bit of Highway with a few stops here and there. I started my trip with about a hundred miles of range, but that was okay since I was only going to drive about 50 miles.

I wanted to relay that I noticed that the startup sequence and shutdown sequence of the car seemed to be a bit slower than usual today, which I think is related to the hot weather. I'm only talking a few seconds, but I did notice it and I'm not sure if others have as well.

The battery was very dependable in the car operated normally otherwise. There were no failures during this trip.

How long do the startup and shutdown sequences take?

I'm thinking about using a Bolt EV for deliveries, but I'm already impatient with how long the Volt's rear view camera takes to show up on screen, and I'm not sure I could handle the startup and shutdown sequences every 5-10 minutes when I hop out for a delivery.

Or maybe there's a way to just leave the car running without leaving the fob behind, and without it honking at me for leaving with the fob while it's still running?

HansWurst said:
How long do the startup and shutdown sequences take?

I'm thinking about using a Bolt EV for deliveries, but I'm already impatient with how long the Volt's rear view camera takes to show up on screen, and I'm not sure I could handle the startup and shutdown sequences every 5-10 minutes when I hop out for a delivery.

Or maybe there's a way to just leave the car running without leaving the fob behind, and without it honking at me for leaving with the fob while it's still running?

The honk is mandatory per the DOT. It's a safety related requirement.

I've noticed that the electronic braking has been a bit sluggish now that we're in the 90s. Both in the activation and the strength.

I have also noticed that at 100 degrees on Friday, my "Outside Temperature" reading is at +4.9

Back